Data Scientist (various levels)
Berlin, Germany /
Data Science /
Klarna was founded in Stockholm, Sweden in 2005. Since then we've changed the banking industry forever. And now we're creating the world's smoothest shopping experience. We serve over 90 million consumers worldwide, and partner with 250,000 merchants – with a new merchant joining us every 8 minutes. Including some of the world's leading brands, such as H&M, ASOS, IKEA, Adidas, Samsung and Lufthansa. Our offices are spread over 17 different markets, hosted by 4000+ employees from 100+ nationalities.
We stand at the crossroads of shopping and banking: a place where detailed insights and first-class predictive models are essential in building products that customers love.
That’s where Data Science delivers. While historically we focused on making credit and fraud models for risk management, we have now expanded into solving new and exciting problems - automated product recommendations, growth hacking, cybersecurity, lead-gen for marketing and sales, product optimization, and much much more. Today, we’re calling for all full-stack Data Scientists who want to change the world, to join us on our journey. Step off the straight line, and apply to Klarna.
As Data Scientists, we are seeded throughout the business, either in small technical teams owning a problem space, or embedded as experts in cross-functional teams containing Product Managers, Engineers, Designers and Analysts. We work very hard for our customers, and we take great pride in owning models end-to-end, from prototype to production. With your skills and innovation, and Klarna’s rich and diverse datasets - there is truly no limit to how smooth the future shopping experience could be.
As a Data Scientist at Klarna you will:
- Developing state of the art machine learning, forecasting, and statistical models
- Creating end-to-end machine learning pipelines
- A solid understanding of both supervised and unsupervised machine learning techniques
- Working together closely in cross-functional teams to develop models for addressing specific business problems at Klarna
- Engaging software-driven workflow, deploying models to production, using version control, and using software engineering best practices
In order to be successful as a Klarna Data Scientist we believe that you have:
- Business experience relevant to the problems you want to solve, or specialist knowledge which you have acquired through a PhD
- Experience developing predictive models with machine learning techniques
- Experience working with Python and SQL, and an understanding of the concepts behind cloud computing infrastructures, such as AWS.
- Experience with version control and other software development best practices.
- A deep understanding of the theoretical foundations behind classical and recent machine learning models and algorithms, such as generalized linear models, random forests, ensemble methods, and deep neural networks.
- Great communication, organization, and team working skills.
- A university degree in a highly technical, numerate subject (e.g. Mathematics, Physics, Engineering, or Economics).
How to apply
Send over a CV in English.
Klarna is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and candidates. Please refrain from including your picture and age with your application.