Who we are
Klarna’s mission is to free people from all the meaningless time spent managing money and purchases, so they can do more of what they love. Every day at Klarna we help consumers, merchants and partners to explore just how smoooth the modern purchase experience can become. Our position at the crossroads in payments, consumer financing, ecommerce and banking means we are uniquely positioned to do this. There is no label for what we do.
Klarna was born in Stockholm in 2005 and today has 2.000 employees working across Europe and the US. We currently serve 60 million consumers, work together with 90,000 merchants and process more than a million payment transactions a day. We are growing at 40% year on year and our investors include Visa, Atomico, Sequoia Capital, Permira and Bestseller group/ Anders Holsch Povlsen. We have strong partnerships with some of the world’s leading brands such as; ASOS, IKEA, Adidas, Zara, Lufthansa and Spotify.
To find out more on what it is like to work at Klarna: https://www.klarna.com/careers/
Klarna’s mission is to take the friction out of how people buy online and we enable our users to purchase online using two bits of top of mind information - your email and postcode. When a user buys with Klarna we determine in real-time if the buyer really is who they appear to be and if we are prepared to underwrite credit for this transaction and take on the risk. In summary, our secret sauce is the ability to issue credit in real-time using behavioural data.
This is an excellent opportunity for experienced Software Engineers to join our brand new office in our newly formed location of Berlin, Germany. You’ll be one of the first feet on the ground and will lay the foundations for Berlin to become as big as our Stockholm office!
What you will do
We work in small highly collaborative Agile teams. You and your team will have a clear mission and ownership of an important outcome that supports Klarna and our customers. At Klarna we optimise for quality, flow, fast feedback and time to market. To do this we focus on end-to-end ownership, continuous improvement, testing, monitoring and experimentation. We aim for teams that are inclusive, helpful, and have a strong sense of ownership for the things they build.
Who you are
- Klarna is looking for ambitious people with significant drive! You should be passionate about your job and enjoy a fast paced international working environment. You will play an important role in taking Klarna to the next level thus, you should desire to go above and beyond to produce best work results! At Klarna we embrace change, you should dare to challenge the status quo and be persistent.
- We’re looking for engineers that share our passion for building great products using solid engineering practices. We are looking for positive and passionate people who will put teamwork and collaboration above all else. You will need to be comfortable in a rapidly changing environment and able to navigate ambiguity and a high rate of change.
You should have
- BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience
- Experience with API and product development
- Passion for writing clean and testable code
- Have successfully applied and are enthusiastic about Agile/XP practices (Pairing, TDD, BDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery)
- Willingness to learn new technologies and move between different tech stacks
You might also have
- DevOps and Continuous Delivery Experience
- Familiarity with cloud-based and DevOps technologies and tools (AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, ECS)
- Experience as a contributor to an open source project. Contributor to GitHub and/or Stack Overflow.
Do you code in your spare time?
Great, send over a link to some of your work. We'd love to take a look. Here’s some of our workhttps://github.com/klarna
How to apply
Send over your CV in English and we will get in touch with you.
We offer you an international working environment filled with smart and ambitious colleagues. We know that diverse teams are strong teams, and welcome those from all different backgrounds and experiences. Your role will make a difference, and you will be a player in a team that has a strong impact on the business result. As an employee at one of Europe’s fastest growing companies, you will play an important role in taking Klarna to the next level.