Toronto, Canada /
On our path to becoming the world’s favorite way to shop, we’re assembling an unparalleled global talent network, accelerating individual careers, and disrupting entire industries. We are on a mission to liberate humanity from all the meaningless time spent managing their purchases and finances, so they can do more of what they love. We’re in search of global talent eager to embrace our atmosphere and defy their own expectations.
Engineering at Klarna is an inspired, customer-focused community, dedicated to crafting solutions that redefine our industry. Working in small, highly collaborative Agile teams, you and your team will have a clear mission and ownership of an important outcome that supports Klarna and our customers. At Klarna we optimize for quality, flow, and fast feedback, focusing on end-to-end ownership, continuous improvement, testing, monitoring, and experimentation. We aim for inclusive, helpful teams with a strong sense of ownership for the things they build.
Our engineers make some of the most significant decisions for the company and we are looking for bold, open and curious developers.
What you’ll get to do
- Coordinating and driving incidents of different severities
- Assessing the impact of incidents and writing communications to convey the business impact for Klarna and our customers
- Translating technical details into language that can be understood by our stakeholders
- Hosting retrospective meetings to learn from incidents and prevent future occurrences
- Coaching teams on best practices for incident management and on-call
- Ensuring high quality reporting is achieved by teams accountable for incidents
- Participating in an on-call duty rotation for incident response and occasionally working weekends and holidays in lieu of weekdays
- Work on automating runbooks and script manual processes
Some of the technologies you’ll get to work with
- AWS serverless architecture
We also believe in contributing back to the open-source community. You can find some of our work here https://github.com/klarna.
To succeed in this role, we think you should have
- Enthusiasm for taking ownership of and managing complex incidents
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- Global Incident Management work in the previous workplace
- Experience supporting IT teams or Operation Partners in resolving and communicating, coordinating high-severity problems, assessing impacts, identifying the root cause.
- Experience with modern productivity tools such as G-Suite, Slack, and Jira
- Experience with monitoring and analysis tools such as Splunk and Datadog
- High Degree of ownership in all matters within IT infrastructure and root cause analysis
- Experience with one or more of the following: server load balancer, databases, cloud automation tooling
- Some experience in one or more of the following: Linux/Unix, Networking, Scripting skills or have a desire to learn them; specifically, Python or Shell.
How to apply: please send us your CV or LinkedIn profile in English
What we offer:
Diversity & Community
With our diversity of skills, perspectives and backgrounds, we can create, innovate, and disrupt like no other. Diversity is part of who we are, and essential to our success.
Ownership & Impact
Here, every voice matters. We’re organized into hundreds of small teams, each run like a start-up, focused on their own problem-space.
Trust & Collaboration
Successes and failures are won together at Klarna in a melting pot of teams. Win, lose, and learn, we’re on this path together.
If you love what you do, you should love where you do it. We appreciate that everyone’s different and has their own preferences of where and how to work. We genuinely believe in the power of regular face-to-face interactions in building close connections with our teams, but we also strongly believe people can work effectively remotely. This means that combining both is the key to success.
At Klarna, You can choose between working from the office, remotely within your employment country, or even outside of it for up to 20 working days per year. Flex it up!
Challenges & Rewards
We take a very Swedish approach to benefits. Support for parents, health and wellness perks—we’ve got you covered.
Since 2005 Klarna has been on a mission to revolutionize the retail banking industry. With over 150 million global active users and 2 million transactions per day, Klarna is meeting the changing demands of consumers by saving them time and money while helping them be informed and in control. Over 450,000 global retail partners, including H&M, Saks, Sephora, Macys, IKEA, Expedia Group, and Nike have integrated Klarna's innovative technology to deliver a seamless shopping experience online and in-store. Klarna has over 6,000 employees and is active in 45 markets. For more information, visit Klarna.com
It is our commitment that every qualified person will be evaluated according to skills regardless of age, gender, identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability status or religion. Please refrain from including your picture and age with the application.