Klarna’s mission is to free people from all the meaningless time spent managing money and purchases, so they can do more of what they love. Every day at Klarna we help consumers, merchants, and partners to explore just how smoooth the modern purchase experience can be. Our position at the crossroads of payments, consumer financing, ecommerce and banking means we are uniquely positioned to do this. There is no label for what we do.
Klarna was born in Stockholm in 2005 and today has 2500 employees working across Europe and the US. We currently serve 60 million consumers, work together with 130,000 merchants and process more than a million payment transactions a day. We're growing at 40% every year and our investors include Visa, Atomico, Sequoia Capital, Permira and Bestseller group/ Anders Holch Povlsen. We have strong partnerships with some of the world’s leading brands, such as ASOS, IKEA, Adidas, Zara, Lufthansa and Spotify.
Klarna strives to become the world’s favourite way to buy, and you can contribute to reaching this goal! We are looking to hire great people, who are passionate about using their talents to generate success. We are currently looking for Design Directors to manage the design strategy and the team of Product Designers in our Merchant and Purchase domains.
What you will do
Klarna’s Design team is an ambitious international team where results and attention to detail are taken seriously. We aim to build the best products in the world and we are excited to welcome new team members who share our ambition to be consistently amazing.
We’re organised into domains with a clear area of focus and different products and teams in them. As a Director, you will be contributing to the overall strategy of the products in your Domain alongside your Product and Engineering counterparts, while overseeing the overall design, design process, staffing and personal growth of the Product Designers and Leads in your domain.
You will work alongside talented Design Directors in other domains across Klarna and close to our Design System team, to maintain, unify and evolve our design language, to provide a customer journey that is consistent across domains.
As a Design Lead at Klarna you will:
- Define and oversee the design strategy of the different products in your domain
- Define the Design resources, process and setup needed in order to deliver on the strategy
- Manage a team of Product Designers and Design Leads working within your domain
- Oversee the work and work closely with your Design Leads and our Design System team to ensure a consistent UI and UX experience across the whole customer journey
- Shape the design culture in your Domain and at Klarna to ultimately define every interaction customers have with our products and services
Who you are
- Klarna is looking for ambitious people with significant drive! You should be passionate about your job and enjoy a fast paced international working environment. You will play an important role in taking Klarna to the next level thus, you should desire to go above and beyond to produce best work results! At Klarna we embrace change, you should dare to challenge the status quo and be persistent.
You should have
- At least 4 years of experience managing teams of designers
- A strong understanding of interaction design, visual design and user experience. We want to hire Design Managers that have grown from being designers themselves
- Experience working with design systems
- Great ability to articulate and explain your ideas to management, other directors and designers, amongst others
- A strong eye for grids, visual patterns and pixel perfection
- Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English
You might also have
- Background in fintech or e-commerce
- Experience developing design libraries
- Passionate about motion design and transitions
How to apply
Send over a CV in English. We recommend you submit your application as soon as possible as selection and interviews are held continually.