Brand Design Lead/ Art Director
New York, United States /
Klarna makes shopping smoooth. And we do it with flair because shopping is fun. Every day, we help customers, businesses, and partners explore just how smoooth the modern shopping experience can be.
It means we’re constantly changing the game. Always trying out new things. And we encourage our people to do the same. To grow. To develop. Because we don’t believe roles have to stay fixed. Instead we inspire our people to take an irregular career path. As a company of 350 dynamic start-ups, our whole business is built for it. So once you’re in, there’s no telling what will happen next.
What you will do
Klarna’s Design team is an ambitious international team where results and attention to detail are taken seriously.
We aim to build the best products in the world and we are excited to welcome new team members who share our ambition to be consistently amazing.
Now we are building up our New York Brand Design Studio. This studio will closely work with our studios at HQ (Stockholm) to launch amazing campaigns and multi touchpoint communications including events. You will help to build up and lead a team. But also drive processes towards production partners and agencies.
As a Design lead you will
- Oversee the design strategy executed on different marketing touchpoints.
- Set the visual direction for key B2B and B2C projects and lead them into original and unexpected creative solutions, collaborating with agencies, the US Marketing team, Brand Ideas lead and HQ stakeholders.
- Define the design resources, processes and setups needed in order to deliver on the strategy.
- Ensure a consistent experience across all touchpoints together with our Marketing team.
- Conceptualize innovative ideas for digital campaigns and visual assets then pitch them to stakeholders in an engaging and convincing manner.
- Shape the design culture in the Brand studio and at Klarna to ultimately define every interaction customers have with our brand.
You should have
- At least 3 years of experience managing teams of designers and a minimum of 6 years as a Design contributor.
- A strong understanding of visual design and communication.
- Proven design experience that demonstrates exceptional creativity and attention to detail.
- A "can do attitude", meaning you are ready to get your hands dirty and both lead the team and do hands on work.
- Experience working closely with Marketers and advertising agencies.
- Experience of being creative within an existing brand narrative and look and feel.
- Great ability to articulate and explain your ideas to management, other Design leads and designers, amongst others.
- Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English
You preferably also have
- Background in progressive and new thinking start up companies, e-commerce or retail.
- Direct experience in leading photo and video shoots and building events.
- Great local network and knowledge
Please add the following to your application
- Maximum 2 page CV
- Portfolio (essential part to be evaluated for this role)
Klarna was founded in Stockholm, Sweden in 2005. Since then, we’ve changed the banking industry forever. And now we’re creating the world’s smooothest shopping experience. We serve 80 million consumers worldwide, and partner with 190,000 merchants – with a new merchant joining us every 8 minutes. Including some of the world’s leading brands, such as H&M, ASOS, IKEA, Adidas, Samsung and Lufthansa. Our offices are spread over 17 different markets, hosted by +2,500 people from 90 nationalities.