Senior Product Designer(s) - App Experience
Berlin, Germany /
Klarna makes shopping smoooth. And we do it with flair because shopping is fun. Every day, we help customers, businesses, and partners explore just how smoooth the modern shopping experience can be.
It means we’re constantly changing the game. Always trying out new things. And we encourage our people to do the same. To grow. To develop. Because we don’t believe roles have to stay fixed. Instead we inspire our people to take an irregular career path. As a company of 350 dynamic start-ups, our whole business is built for it. So once you’re in, there’s no telling what will happen next.
What you will do
We're looking for multiple designers that are passionate to build smooothshopping and payment experiences for our consumer facing products. As a designer, you will own the design vision and direction in one of the teams who thrives to build the next generation consumer app on both mobile and web apps.
You will work closely with a team of talented designers, engineers and product managers while engaging internal stakeholders and customers to define a long-term strategy. The ideal candidate for this role will be able to translate high-level strategy into meaningful experiences through design.
What you will be responsible for
- Take part in building the vision for next-generation app in one of the teams and empower the team with your expertise in design strategy and implementation
- Become the right advocate for design in a cross-functional team; transform abstract concepts into meaningful and elegant solutions
- Work closely with engineers throughout the entire product cycle; know when to effectively communicate in order to assure high quality in implementation
- Create design proposals with strong rationale, build a compelling story for your designs to stakeholders
- Rigorously concept rough interactions and interfaces to help define new features and ideas
- Develop the final look and feel of these products across different mobile and web applications
- Work together with the design team to build a consistent visual language and behavioral patterns across the whole customer journey
- Help shape the design culture at Klarna that will ultimately define every interaction customers have with our products and services
You should have
- A strong track record and understanding of interaction design, visual design and user experience (5+ years of experience in the field)
- Working proficiency and strong communication skills in verbal and written English
- Experience designing for multiple platforms, specifically for Android and iOS.
- A portfolio demonstrating your work.
- Great understanding of visual harmony, information hierarchy and design patterns: You should be able to produce quality visual designs (We use Sketch and Abstract)
- Strong in articulating and explaining your ideas to other designers, engineers, product managers and other stakeholders
- Fluent with different level of prototyping tools such as Invision, Framer, Principle or Flinto
Great if you also have
- Experience working with Design System workflow (In Abstract)
- Passionate about and/or experience in motion design
- Experience working in fin-tech or shopping
How to apply
Send over a CV in English. We recommend you submit your application as soon as possible as selection and interviews are held continually.
Note: A portfolio is an essential element of the application for a Design role at Klarna. Applicants who do not supply a link or PDF with samples of their work can unfortunately not be considered.
Klarna was founded in Stockholm, Sweden in 2005. Since then, we’ve changed the banking industry forever. And now we’re creating the world’s smooothest shopping experience. We serve 80 million consumers worldwide, and partner with 190,000 merchants – with a new merchant joining us every 8 minutes. Including some of the world’s leading brands, such as H&M, ASOS, IKEA, Adidas, Samsung and Lufthansa. Our offices are spread over 17 different markets, hosted by +2,500 people from 90 nationalities.