Klarna makes shopping smoooth. And we do it with flair because shopping is fun. Every day, we help customers, businesses, and partners explore just how smoooth the modern shopping experience can be.
It means we’re constantly changing the game. Always trying out new things. And we encourage our people to do the same. To grow. To develop. Because we don’t believe roles have to stay fixed. Instead we inspire our people to take an irregular career path. As a company of 350 dynamic start-ups, our whole business is built for it. So once you’re in, there’s no telling what will happen next.
Do you want to be part of an international, growing Compliance team, working for one of Europe’s largest FinTech/disrupter-banks, that wants to revolutionize the financial industry? Klarna is looking for new members to strengthen the Compliance Team. We are looking for Compliance Specialists located Berlin or Munich, Germany.
General working experience (2-6 years) within the financial services sector; legal education and experience is a requirement; and most importantly – you should be passionate about compliance.
Specific experience is desirable with:
* payment services and systems
* consumer credit, financing and lending
* financial crime risk (including AML/CTF, ABC and fraud) and/or PSDII & open banking – considered highly qualifying
* experience with FinTech firms – also considered advantageous.
Furthermore, you need to have excellent English language skills for any location; you additionally need to have good German language skills if based in Berlin or Munich. Swedish language skills are beneficial.
You will be part of the Compliance Team, so it is important that you have the ability to prioritize and be comfortable with working independently, but also with others in the team and around the business. You should have integrity, be ambitious, proactive and action oriented, and be an excellent communicator.
Your day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- supporting the Compliance Team in their activities, including administration and communication with regulators (e.g. registering regulatory engagement, and preparing regulatory notifications and reports) and coordination (e.g. obtaining responses to regulatory requests for information)
- creating and updating guidelines, policies, instructions and routines within the compliance field
- monitoring regulatory developments within Klarna’s business areas
- interpreting and implementing new and modified regulations
- advising the business on all compliance related matters
- sharing knowledge and educating on regulatory requirements, and contributing to ongoing competence throughout Klarna by providing information and training
- tracking and reviewing Klarna’s adherence to regulations and ensuring good compliance governance within the business
- preventing and identifying compliance risks, and preparing risk analyses
- taking part in development projects for new products and services
- preparing, implementing, and maintaining compliance plans
- preparing and coordinating internal and external reports.
Please send in your application in English.
Klarna was founded in Stockholm, Sweden in 2005. Since then, we’ve changed the banking industry forever. And now we’re creating the world’s smooothest shopping experience. We serve 80 million consumers worldwide, and partner with 190,000 merchants – with a new merchant joining us every 8 minutes. Including some of the world’s leading brands, such as H&M, ASOS, IKEA, Adidas, Samsung and Lufthansa. Our offices are spread over 17 different markets, hosted by +2,500 people from 90 nationalities.