PR & Marketing Communications Manager, DACH
Berlin, Germany /
Klarna was founded in Stockholm, Sweden in 2005. Since then we've changed the banking industry forever. And now we're creating the world's smoothest shopping experience. We serve over 90 million consumers worldwide, and partner with 250,000 merchants – with a new merchant joining us every 8 minutes. Including some of the world's leading brands, such as H&M, ASOS, IKEA, Adidas, Samsung and Lufthansa. Our offices are spread over 17 different markets, hosted by 4000+ employees from 100+ nationalities.
We are looking for a skilled and experienced communications professional who combines creativity and business acumen in order to place Klarna, our products and messaging in lifestyle and consumer facing media outlets in the DACH region. In this role you will work on developing and driving our PR & communications strategy, execute PR activations as well as various types of story hooks in order to generate a constant media buzz. The candidate needs to have a deep understanding of what makes different types of consumer facing media tick and a natural drive to try new things in the field of lifestyle PR. In this role you will work closely with other team members, global and regional marketing teams as well as communications teams to increase brand awareness and consideration in the DACH region.
The Klarna marketing and communications team is a driven, creative and passionate group of people focused on making Klarna a global brand and loved by consumers and merchants. We are dedicated and enthusiastic professionals who love being part of the growth journey of one of the most exciting and fastest growing companies in payments and retail right now.
Who you are
Be passionate about your job and enjoy a fast-paced working environment. You are customer obsessed, proactive by nature, can move between high strategy and small details, relish problem-solving, want the ability to think creatively and love the satisfaction of awesome execution. You love to challenge the status quo, can quickly adapt to change and have the ability to prioritise your work. You like working in a team and while you let others shine, you know what it takes for the teams to deliver.
- Be part of building and implementing creative communication strategies and activities in the DACH region, working in the regional DACH marketing team. You will move between consumer audiences, journalists and press representatives and support the development of global and local brand campaigns.
- Develop and execute communication campaigns and stories that convey the Klarna message in the most effective way in the DACH region.
- Keep our communications in the market on message, pointed at our target market, and sharp enough to cut through the noise.
- Deliver high-quality written materials around the Klarna story, values or products, such as press releases, blogs, editorials, infographics etc.
- Together with our agency and other team members, identify marketing PR-opportunities pro-actively and execute when needed: develop, pitch and place Klarna stories in top-tier media channels.
- Good understanding of current pop cultural and lifestyle topics with the ability to connect them to the Klarna brand.
- Understand the value of social/digital media to advance Klarna’s business and communications goals.
What we're looking for
- Stellar communication skills and ‘always on’ mindset.
- Minimum 5 years experience as a PR professional preferably in a high-growth and/or retail/Ecommerce or agency environment.
- Proven skill and passion in proactively building relationships with media, and in successfully positioning subject matter with the media to achieve high-impact placements.
- Experience/relationships with, and knowledge of how to work with consumer and lifestyle media.
- You pride yourself in being creative and know how to build awareness and love working with a strong brand.
- Experience collaborating with cross-functional teams but also working with external partners.
- Proven abilities to plan and execute on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong stakeholder management skills, both internally and externally.
- Having worked with external agencies to create concepts and campaigns would be a plus.
- Fluent in German and English.
You should include these in your application
- CV/Resume in English
- Writing samples are always welcome
Klarna is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and candidates. Please refrain from including your picture and age with your application.