Senior Java Developer - Search & Compare & Product Data Groups
We are on a mission to liberate humanity from all the meaningless time spent managing their purchases and finances, so they can do more of what they love. Klarna was founded on a bold belief: that people are capable of achieving the extraordinary, even when faced with the seemingly impossible. Our journey has been one of continuous learning, facing immense challenges head-on, dedicating countless hours of hard work, and never wavering in our commitment or resilience - and now we are looking for individuals to join us on our journey and contribute to our mission.
As we strive to be the world's preferred shopping platform, we're seeking top-tier global talent, particularly senior engineers, to join our mission. We aim to free people from the hassle of managing purchases and finances, enabling them to focus on what truly matters. If you're a seasoned engineer ready to disrupt industries and exceed your own expectations, we're looking for you.
In our quest to become the world's go-to shopping platform, we're seeking senior engineers experienced in managing large-scale applications across various regions. Join us to revolutionize the way people manage their purchases and finances. As part of our team, you'll collaborate with seasoned software engineers to tackle challenges such as:
- Handling hundreds of millions of offer updates daily
- Creating the world's most comprehensive and searchable structured product catalog
- Developing scalable features for our consumers and merchants in multiple markets
We use state-of-the-art technology to build an experience used by millions of consumers every month. Our code base evolves constantly, and hundreds of merge requests are pushed into production weekly.
- Minimum 5 years of experience with software development in Java (version 17 or higher) and related frameworks, such as Spring
- Experience in event-oriented message frameworks such as Kafka or similar
- Experience in building REST APIs
- Experience in delivering well-tested, maintainable, and functioning code
- Experience in NoSQLDatabases such as ElasticSearch, MongoDB, etc.
- Knowledge of microservice-oriented architecture
- AWS experience
- As a Java Software Engineer, you will work within a specific problem space critical to Klarna’s current needs where you will design, develop and deploy backend services with a focus on scalability, high availability, and low latency
- Contribute to the vision for the future direction of our team's products and systems.
- Proactively address technical problems impacting the team and continuously drive quality across the stack.
- Take responsibility for end-to-end feature work, from planning and development to deployment, maintenance, and monitoring.
- Collaborate and grow in a dynamic and autonomous environment while working in small, agile, and cross-functional teams
- Use the latest technologies to solve real problems for our customers on a massive scale
- Be part of a team that will take full operational responsibility for the services that you own
- Share your knowledge and build creative solutions while helping the team evolve best practices
Please note that we are not able to offer relocation support for this position. We love and appreciate a close team collaboration and we meet at the Stockholm office, located at Sveavägen 46, at least once a week.
To apply, send us your CV or LinkedIn profile in English.
Since 2005 Klarna has been on a mission to revolutionize the retail banking industry. With over 150 million global active users and 2 million transactions per day, Klarna is meeting the changing demands of consumers by saving them time and money while helping them be informed and in control. Over 450,000 global retail partners, including H&M, Saks, Sephora, Macys, IKEA, Expedia Group, and Nike have integrated Klarna's innovative technology to deliver a seamless shopping experience online and in-store. For more information, visit Klarna.com
It is our commitment that every qualified person will be evaluated according to skills regardless of age, gender, identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability status or religion. Please refrain from including your picture and age with the application.
About Engineering at Klarna
Engineering at Klarna is an inspired, customer focused community, dedicated to crafting solutions that redefine our industry. Working in small, highly collaborative Agile teams, you and your team will have a clear mission and ownership of an important outcome that supports Klarna and our customers. At Klarna we optimise for quality, flow, fast feedback, focusing on end-to-end ownership, continuous improvement, testing, monitoring, and experimentation. We aim for teams that are inclusive, helpful, and have a strong sense of ownership for the things they build.
Check out what it's like to be an engineer at Klarna here.