Undergraduate Software Engineer
Gießen, Germany /
Klarna makes shopping smoooth. And we do it with flair because shopping is fun. Every day, we help customers, businesses, and partners explore just how smoooth the modern shopping experience can be.
It means we’re constantly changing the game. Always trying out new things. And we encourage our people to do the same. To grow. To develop. Because we don’t believe roles have to stay fixed. Instead we inspire our people to take an irregular career path. As a company of 350 dynamic start-ups, our whole business is built for it. So once you’re in, there’s no telling what will happen next.
Klarna strives to become the world’s favourite way to buy, and you can contribute to reaching this goal! We are looking to hire great people, who are passionate about using their talents to generate success.
What you will do
You’re looking for a job as a working student? You wanna ask for an internship? Are you close to finishing your studies and looking for a good place to write your bachelor or master thesis? Are you highly motivated to grow your personal mastery? Do you want to learn how to build and run a service that serves millions of customers every day?
You can stop searching!
At Klarna you will:
- Work on a specific problem space critical to Klarna’s current needs with opportunities to switch teams as you and our fast-paced business grow and evolve
- Bring fresh ideas from all areas, including information retrieval, large-scale system design, data storage/processing, security, artificial intelligence, UI design and mobile development
- Develop as a professional in an entrepreneurial organisation that provides opportunity to work with your areas of interest
- Use state of the art technology to solve real problems for our customers at a massive scaleDesign, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve, you own the full life-cycle of your code - you write it, you own it!
- Share your knowledge and help the team evolve best practices
- Work in small autonomous teams with short release cycles.
Who You Are
- Klarna is looking for ambitious people with significant drive! You should be passionate about your job and enjoy a fast paced international working environment. You will play an important role in taking Klarna to the next level thus, you should desire to go above and beyond to produce best work results! At Klarna we embrace change, you should dare to challenge the status quo and be persistent.
You should have
- Interest and ability to learn, e.g. new coding languages
- Strong problem solving ability
- Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English
What we offer you
Klarna is one of Sweden's success stories not only for its exceptional growth story but also for its unique place to work at. We think in flat hierarchies, let the best people and ideas grow and always aim for the better.
Culture - You'll have an opportunity to work with people from more than 10 different countries in our English/German-speaking office in Gießen (Germany).
A strong product development-focused culture, where your work has a very strong impact on the success of the organization.
Learning - We have a learning and development focused environment with an emphasis on knowledge sharing, training and regular internal technical talks.
Collegiality - We encourage a harmonic environment in the teams, therefore we hold regular team events for all employees, joining a monthly breakfast, having lunch together and offer many more benefits.
We know that diverse teams are strong teams, and therefore are especially interested in candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of Klarna. We’re building teams of technically curious problem solvers. Come and join us!
We at Klarna´s Recruitment Team are happy to receive your application in English or German. Please also forward your certificates which underline your background together with the earliest possible starting date.
Klarna was founded in Stockholm, Sweden in 2005. Since then, we’ve changed the banking industry forever. And now we’re creating the world’s smooothest shopping experience. We serve 80 million consumers worldwide, and partner with 190,000 merchants – with a new merchant joining us every 8 minutes. Including some of the world’s leading brands, such as H&M, ASOS, IKEA, Adidas, Samsung and Lufthansa. Our offices are spread over 17 different markets, hosted by +2,500 people from 90 nationalities.