Gießen, Germany /
Klarna makes shopping smoooth. And we do it with flair because shopping is fun. Every day, we help customers, businesses, and partners explore just how smoooth the modern shopping experience can be.
It means we’re constantly changing the game. Always trying out new things. And we encourage our people to do the same. To grow. To develop. Because we don’t believe roles have to stay fixed. Instead we inspire our people to take an irregular career path. As a company of 350 dynamic start-ups, our whole business is built for it. So once you’re in, there’s no telling what will happen next.
Klarna strives to become the world’s favourite way to buy, and you can contribute to reaching this goal! We are looking to hire great people, who are passionate about using their talents to generate success. Software Development is no exception! We are currently looking to grow our Software Engineering teams to satisfy the company’s ever increasing need for developing next-generation products that improve our consumers and merchants experiences.
Klarna’s software engineers develop the next-generation products that change how our consumers and merchants interact with each other. Our products handle our customers money and information at massive scale, and extend well beyond online payments. We need our engineers to understand our customers, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push technology forward.
What you will do
- Work on a specific problem space critical to Klarna’s current needs with opportunities to switch teams as you and our fast-paced business grow and evolve
- Bring fresh ideas from all areas, including information retrieval, large-scale system design, data storage/processing, security, artificial intelligence, UI design and mobile development
- Develop as a professional in an entrepreneurial organisation that provides opportunity to work with your areas of interest
- Use state of the art technology to solve real problems for our customers at a massive scaleDesign, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve, you own the full life-cycle of your code - you write it, you own it!
- Share your knowledge and help the team evolve best practices
- Work in small autonomous teams with short release cycles.
Who You Are
- Klarna is looking for ambitious people with significant drive! You should be passionate about your job and enjoy a fast paced international working environment. You will play an important role in taking Klarna to the next level thus, you should desire to go above and beyond to produce best work results! At Klarna we embrace change, you should dare to challenge the status quo and be persistent.
- We’re looking for engineers that share our passion for building great products using solid engineering practices. We are looking for positive and passionate people who will put teamwork and collaboration above all else. You will need to be comfortable in a rapidly changing environment and able to navigate ambiguity and a high rate of change.
You should have
- Passion for writing clean and testable code
- Have successfully applied and are enthusiastic about Agile or XP practices (Pairing, TDD, BDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery)
- Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English
You might also have
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in Computer Science or a related discipline
- Experience with API and product development
- Willingness to learn new technologies and move between different tech stacks
- Familiarity with cloud-based and DevOps technologies and tools (AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, ECS)
- Experience as a contributor to an open source project. Contributor to GitHub and/or Stack Overflow.
What we offer you
Klarna is one of Sweden's success stories not only for its exceptional growth story but also for its unique place to work at. We think in flat hierarchies, let the best people and ideas grow and always aim for the better.
Culture - You'll have an opportunity to work with people from more than 10 different countries in our English/German-speaking office in Linden near Gießen (Germany).
A strong product development-focused culture, where your work has a very strong impact on the success of the organization.
Compensation - You’ll get an attractive salary, along with 30 days annual leave.
Learning - We have a learning and development focused environment with an emphasis on knowledge sharing, training and regular internal technical talks.
Collegiality - We encourage a harmonic environment in the teams, therefore we hold regular team events for all employees, joining a monthly breakfast, having lunch together and offer many more benefits.
We know that diverse teams are strong teams, and therefore are especially interested in candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of Klarna. We’re building teams of technically curious problem solvers. Come and join us!
We at Klarna´s Recruitment Team are happy to receive your application in English or German. Please also forward your certificates which underline your background together with the earliest possible starting date and your salary expectations.
Klarna was founded in Stockholm, Sweden in 2005. Since then, we’ve changed the banking industry forever. And now we’re creating the world’s smooothest shopping experience. We serve 80 million consumers worldwide, and partner with 190,000 merchants – with a new merchant joining us every 8 minutes. Including some of the world’s leading brands, such as H&M, ASOS, IKEA, Adidas, Samsung and Lufthansa. Our offices are spread over 17 different markets, hosted by +2,500 people from 90 nationalities.