Who we are
Klarna’s mission is to free people from all the meaningless time spent managing money and purchases, so they can do more of what they love. Every day at Klarna we help consumers, merchants, and partners to explore just how smoooth the modern purchase experience can be. Our position at the crossroads of payments, consumer financing, ecommerce and banking means we are uniquely positioned to do this. There is no label for what we do.
Klarna was born in Stockholm in 2005 and today has 2000 employees working across Europe and the US. We currently serve 60 million consumers, work together with 90,000 merchants and process more than a million payment transactions a day. We are growing at 40% year on year and our investors include Visa, Atomico, Sequoia Capital, Permira and Bestseller group/ Anders Holsch Povlsen. We have strong partnerships with some of the world’s leading brands, such as ASOS, IKEA, Adidas, Zara, Lufthansa and Spotify.
To find out more about what it's like to work at Klarna: klarna.com/careers
We are looking to grow our team of commercial/visual designers in an effort to support the next big pitch at Klarna! We are looking for a candidate that is passionate about visual design, ecomm best practices, keeping up with the latest web/app design trends, and designing user flows to showcase the latest product offerings.
In your role as a commercial/visual designer, your day-to-day tasks will consist of working directly with commercial teams to deliver high-fidelity user experience flows, design custom solutions, support merchant optimization, visualize ecomm solutions, and advocate UX design best practices across multiple domains to promote the overall brand and product vision.
What you will do:
As a visual designer, your responsibilities will include areas of design such as typography, iconography, color, space and balance. You will use your knowledge, expertise and skills to present our current and future product offerings consistently and logically across various merchant applications.
What you will do
- Design end-to-end user-experience flows for demonstrating Klarna’s latest product offerings throughout the sales process.
- Generate clear ideas, concepts and creative design assets from start to finish.
- Work collaboratively with product managers, marketers, and designers to ensure a consistent, integrated brand perception and user-experience. Flexibility to work on a cross-functional team in order to provide support to various domains throughout the organization.
- Translate client business requirements, user needs, and technical requirements into designs that are visually and emotionally engaging.
- Passion for the latest tech best practices, product releases and trends in the fields of visual design and fintech.
You should have
- Fluent in English and German (plus).
- A minimum of 2 years of professional experience in web design, app design or equivalent.
- Expert knowledge in Sketch, InVision, Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator or other relevant design tools. Video editing skills are a plus (Screenflow, Adobe premiere or equivalent)Keen eye for good/bad design and attention to detail in illustrating technical app requirements.
- The ability to refine other people’s ideas and conceptualize new ones to create a highly engaging visual experience.
- Well organized, responsible and dedicated, with the ability to multitask and iterate on design feedback in a timely manner.
- Passion for learning, ability to learn new tools quickly and work in an ever-evolving iterative environment.
- Proven ability in delivering high quality designs to clients/merchants.
- Basic knowledge of Salesforce CRM for managing and tracking of projects and cases.
- Basic understanding of project collaboration tools such as Abstractapp and Github.
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience in graphic design or visual communications.
How to apply
Send over a CV in English. If you have any questions please feel free to contact Ana Borges. We recommend you submit your application as soon as possible as selection and interviews are held continually.
Note: A portfolio is an essential element of the application for a Design role at Klarna. Applicants who do not supply a link or PDF with samples of their work can unfortunately not be considered.
We can offer you an international working environment filled with smart and ambitious colleagues. We know that diverse teams are strong teams, so we welcome those from different backgrounds and experiences. As part of one of Europe’s fastest growing companies, you'll help play an important role in taking Klarna to the next level.