Columbus, United States
Who we are
Klarna’s mission is to free people from all the meaningless time spent managing money and purchases, so they can do more of what they love. Every day at Klarna we help consumers, merchants, and partners to explore just how smoooth the modern purchase experience can be. Our position at the crossroads of payments, consumer financing, ecommerce and banking means we are uniquely positioned to do this. There is no label for what we do.
Klarna was born in Stockholm in 2005 and today has 2000 employees working across Europe and the US. We currently serve 60 million consumers, work together with 90,000 merchants and process more than a million payment transactions a day. We are growing at 40% year on year and our investors include Visa, Atomico, Sequoia Capital, Permira and Bestseller group/ Anders Holsch Povlsen. We have strong partnerships with some of the world’s leading brands, such as ASOS, IKEA, Adidas, Zara, Lufthansa and Spotify.
To find out more about what it's like to work at Klarna: klarna.com/careers
Are finance, accounting, and business analytics your strengths? Are you solutions oriented, with a strong ability to identify problems and improve processes? Do you thrive in a fast-paced start-up culture with ambitious and talented colleagues? Are you interested in getting a foot in the door at a successful global organization? If you’re still reading, it seems like this may be a great fit!
Klarna’s Finance & Accounting team is responsible for day to day bookkeeping, monitoring merchant volume activity, ensuring timely vendor payments, reviewing customer receivable collections, and training staff. We control Klarna's bank accounts and ensure the integrity of the financial statements.
- Assist in managing payments processes through Klarna’s order management system.
- Overseeing daily bank account reconciliations.
- Performing reconciliations between customer account payments and the general ledger.
- Working with risk and disputes teams to monitor customer receivable and liability balances.
- Assisting with the coordination of the annual external audit process.
- Identify and understand key account trends and provide explanations to management.
- Month end close support: journal entries, variance analysis, intercompany reconciliations, and consolidation reporting.
- Review and approve payment information and GL coding for vendor invoices and payments.
- Reconcile GL account balances, research discrepancies and identify plans to resolve items and work with staff accountant to prepare monthly account review package.
- AP/AR management from merchants/partners.
- Managing prepaids and accruals tables, and ensuring costs are allocated in the correct time periods.
- Ad-hoc projects as they arise.
- Keep in mind, we’re a fast-moving, high-growth company. You’re going to need to be flexible, adaptable, and take things as they come to you.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or related business field.
- Over 3years experience within an accounting or finance operational role.
- Solutions oriented focus with an ability to identify and suggest process improvements.
- Ability to identify problem areas and work independently to solve them.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing role.
- You are a self starter and a self motivator.
- CPA is a plus but not required.
- Systems experience with ReconNET, SAP, IBM Controller, Microsoft AX experience is a plus but not required.
We can offer you an international working environment filled with smart and ambitious colleagues. We know that diverse teams are strong teams, so we welcome those from different backgrounds and experiences. As part of one of Europe’s fastest growing companies, you'll help play an important role in taking Klarna to the next level.