Senior Data Loss Prevention Engineer
We are on a mission to liberate humanity from all the meaningless time spent managing their purchases and finances, so they can do more of what they love. Klarna was founded on a bold belief: that people are capable of achieving the extraordinary, even when faced with the seemingly impossible. Our journey has been one of continuous learning, facing immense challenges head-on, dedicating countless hours of hard work, and never wavering in our commitment or resilience - and now we are looking for individuals to join us on our journey and contribute to our mission.
We are seeking a Senior Data Loss Prevention Engineer to join our team and play a pivotal role in safeguarding our sensitive information. As a Data Loss Prevention Engineer, you will be responsible for:
What you'll get to do
- Conducting in-depth analysis and swift remediation of events and incidents across various data protection platforms.
- Proactively identifying and minimizing false positives in both existing and new data protection controls.
- Collaborating with data protection engineers to communicate and implement technical control enhancements.
- Producing tailored reports as per management requests to refine and fortify technical controls and processes.
- Facilitating seamless communication between business units and data protection engineers for effective control implementation and refinement.
- Assisting the manager and technical lead in establishing team processes and adopting cutting-edge technologies to advance our data protection initiatives.
- Forecasting future data requirements and contributing to the development of robust security controls and processes.
- Creating educational materials for business subject matter experts, focusing on vital aspects of data identification, secure handling, storage, and transmission of sensitive information.
- Collaborating with security teams to drive the growth and evolution of our Sensitive Data Management Program, advocating for the adoption of cutting-edge Data Protection tools and techniques.
Who you are
- A relevant degree in Information Security, Cybersecurity, or Computer Science.
- Strong grasp of Information Security principles for the development of data protection processes. A completed degree in a related field or equivalent work experience.
- Experience with one or more DLP tools (e.g., Forcepoint, Digital Guardian, etc.).
- Possession of one or more Information Security Certifications (preferred: CISSP, CSSLP, CISM, CCSP, GSLC, GSEC, CISA, SSCP, Security+ or equivalent).
Join us in this critical role and be at the forefront of safeguarding our sensitive information. Your expertise will be pivotal in shaping our data protection strategy for the future.
Since 2005 Klarna has been on a mission to revolutionize the retail banking industry. With over 150 million global active users and 2 million transactions per day, Klarna is meeting the changing demands of consumers by saving them time and money while helping them be informed and in control. Over 450,000 global retail partners, including H&M, Saks, Sephora, Macys, IKEA, Expedia Group, and Nike have integrated Klarna's innovative technology to deliver a seamless shopping experience online and in-store. For more information, visit Klarna.com
It is our commitment that every qualified person will be evaluated according to skills regardless of age, gender, identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability status or religion. Please refrain from including your picture and age with the application.
About Engineering at Klarna
Engineering at Klarna is an inspired, customer focused community, dedicated to crafting solutions that redefine our industry. Working in small, highly collaborative Agile teams, you and your team will have a clear mission and ownership of an important outcome that supports Klarna and our customers. At Klarna we optimise for quality, flow, fast feedback, focusing on end-to-end ownership, continuous improvement, testing, monitoring, and experimentation. We aim for teams that are inclusive, helpful, and have a strong sense of ownership for the things they build.
Check out what it's like to be an engineer at Klarna here.