Munich, Germany /
Klarna was founded in Stockholm, Sweden in 2005. Since then we've changed the banking industry forever. And now we're creating the world's smoothest shopping experience. We serve over 90 million consumers worldwide, and partner with 200,000 merchants – with a new merchant joining us every 8 minutes. Including some of the world's leading brands, such as H&M, ASOS, IKEA, Adidas, Samsung and Lufthansa. Our offices are spread over 17 different markets, hosted by 3500+ employees from 90 nationalities.
Klarna strives to become the world’s favourite way to buy, and you can contribute to reaching this goal! We are looking to hire great people, who are passionate about using their talents to generate success. Analytics is no exception! We are currently looking to grow our Analytics teams to satisfy the company’s ever increasing need for complex problem solving and data driven decision making.
Who you are
We are looking for ambitious people with significant drive! We need problem solvers, initiative takers, people that see opportunities and potential to improve. You should be passionate about your job and enjoy a fast paced international working environment. You will play an important role in taking Klarna to the next level - thus, you should desire to go above and beyond to deliver and grow as an individual. At Klarna we embrace change, you should dare to challenge the status quo and be persistent in doing so.
What you will do
Analytics is at the heart of Klarna’s success. An analyst at Klarna provides analytical and business expertise to ensure that we deliver value to customers, Klarna and our investors. You will be acting as a bridge between the models, operations, products and business decisions and expected to know how to build strategies by connecting them. Think of an analyst at Klarna as a "Swiss army knife".
Klarna is a data driven company where decisions are based on facts and not opinions. Analytics is integrated in the organisation and a key function in many different areas - some examples include credit risk, finance, fraud, HR, product development and sales. Even if Analytics is applied in many different areas there are some things that all analysts have in common: a strong drive combined with analytical skills and a great team spirit!
As your career develops you will develop expertise in certain areas. However, there are a number of core skills shared by all analysts at Klarna. Klarnauts in the Analytics Competence and especially for this role have the ability to apply the following approach:
- Create structure in disordered information/data
- Manipulate and explore data
- Analyse problems to understand their root cause
- Design and implement strategies in a rapidly evolving industry
- Generate insights and recommendations
- Communicate insights and recommendations
You should have:
- A degree from a university in a numerate subject (e.g. Economics, Science, Engineering or Business)
- Financial Experience (ex: with PnL and forecasting)
- Interest and experience in supporting Sales and Marketing (ex: merchant sales strategies or campaign impact analysis)
- Local market expertise
- Understanding the regional risk policies and risk profile, being able to suggest or build merchant specific adjustments to the policies
- Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English
- 3+ years of work experience in a relevant field
You might also have:
- Strong attention to detail and experience in using structured approaches to problem solving
- Significant drive and ambition
- Strong conceptual ability
- Preferably an understanding for how to perform data extraction and manipulation, as well as programming languages is a plus (SQL, R, Python, MatLab, Java, C# etc…)
- Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written German
How to apply
Send over a CV in English.
Due to a high volume of candidates, we will experience a longer response time until we start interviewing.