Compliance Screening Specialist
Columbus, United States
Who we are
Klarna’s mission is to free people from all the meaningless time spent managing money and purchases, so they can do more of what they love. Every day at Klarna we help consumers, merchants, and partners to explore just how smoooth the modern purchase experience can be. Our position at the crossroads of payments, consumer financing, ecommerce and banking means we are uniquely positioned to do this. There is no label for what we do.
Klarna was born in Stockholm in 2005 and today has 2500 employees working across Europe and the US. We currently serve 60 million consumers, work together with 130,000 merchants and process more than a million payment transactions a day. We are growing at 40% year on year and our investors include Visa, Atomico, Sequoia Capital, Permira and Bestseller group/ Anders Holch Povlsen. We have strong partnerships with some of the world’s leading brands, such as ASOS, IKEA, Adidas, Zara, Lufthansa and Spotify.
To find out more about what it's like to work at Klarna: klarna.com/careers
The Compliance Screening team is a part of Klarna Services, which acts as an internal insourcing department. The team's main focus is to prevent Klarna from being used in financial crimes such as money laundering and terrorism financing. As we continue to grow our customer base, our global footprint, products and channels as well as our compliance functions are growing in sophistication and become integral in the success of the business.
To help drive a world-class first-line defense against financial crimes, we are now looking for a Compliance Screening Specialist to join the Compliance Screening team.
What you will be doing
- PEP and Sanction list screening
- Screen individuals that are under investigation by federal law enforcement
- Reviewing of individuals and business entities hit by high risk scenarios
- Receive and investigate suspicious transactions, escalated by other departments and determine on further escalation process
- Perform monthly and quarterly risk controls connected to KYC, AML and CTF
- Act as a go-to person and support for matters related to AML/CTF screening
- Review AML transaction reports and meet with Compliance biweekly to determine status of suspicious or unusual transactions
In order to be successful in this role we believe that you will have:
- a strong ability to process large sets of information and detect anomalies
- a structured and accurate way of working
- good communication skills, both verbal and written
- a strong drive and enjoy working in a high pace operational environment
We can offer you an international working environment filled with smart and ambitious colleagues. We know that diverse teams are strong teams, so we welcome those from different backgrounds and experiences. As part of one of Europe’s fastest growing companies, you'll help play an important role in taking Klarna to the next level.