IT Governance Engineer
Who we are
Klarna’s mission is to free people from all the meaningless time spent managing money and purchases, so they can do more of what they love. Every day at Klarna we help consumers, merchants, and partners to explore just how smoooth the modern purchase experience can be. Our position at the crossroads of payments, consumer financing, ecommerce and banking means we are uniquely positioned to do this. There is no label for what we do.
Klarna was born in Stockholm in 2005 and today has 2500 employees working across Europe and the US. We currently serve 60 million consumers, work together with 130,000 merchants and process more than a million payment transactions a day. We are growing at 40% year on year and our investors include Visa, Atomico, Sequoia Capital, Permira and Bestseller group/ Anders Holsch Povlsen. We have strong partnerships with some of the world’s leading brands, such as ASOS, IKEA, Adidas, Zara, Lufthansa and Spotify.
To find out more about what it's like to work at Klarna: klarna.com/careers
Klarna is a company that is growing fast and building fast in the cloud. To support this growth we are building a governance system for the future, turning the old concepts of auditing and manual processes on their head. We use cutting edge tools and methods to build compliance as code that is as flexible as the infrastructure and applications we build in AWS. We are taking on the challenge of continuously measuring the security of Klarna’s systems. We consume data from multiple tools and data sources and develop metrics to give the business insight into compliance with its own standards as well as regulatory requirements.
In this team, we challenge ourselves to make compliance and security of our systems as smooth and automated as possible. We collect and process data to answer questions like:
How many systems have the correct level of logging?
Which applications have up-to-date threat models?
Which team owns what systems & data?
What SaaS services are Klarnauts using?
Which came first the chicken or the egg?
Who you are
- We are looking for developers with data management experience interested in working in this problem space. In your heart, you know there is a better way of doing things. Challenge the old dogmas of slow manual work with miles of documentation and do away with the tick-the-box philosophy of security and governance.
What you will do
- Own your services end to end. Decide how best to build, test, deploy and monitor.
- Work with large scale, highly available and resilient modern financial systems.
- Be an integral part of a team, in addition to its culture and ways of working. Common practices include agile methodologies, pair and mob programming.
- Work with automated deployment enabling code release multiple times a day.
- Succeed, fail, and learn together with other talented people. We believe in an environment that provides an opportunity for growth and see education as an outcome of failure that gets us closer to the next breakthrough.
You should have
- Strong programming skills in Python and SQL.
- A focus on automation and cloud-native thinking.
- A burning curiosity and interest in data.
- A very strong technical as well as analytical background.
- A proven record of working within distributed infrastructures and experience in Cloud technology.
- Fluency in English, both spoken and written.
- 3+ years working in with public cloud (ideally AWS), certification an advantage.
You might also have
- Experience working with BI tools.
- Hands-on experience in building API-based solutions.
- Visualisation chops - you can put together beautiful dashboards and reports for engineers and board members alike.
- Serverless, Microservice & Container based applications.
- Jira/Confluence/Insight experience an advantage.
How to apply
Send over a CV and cover letter in English.
We can offer you an international working environment filled with smart and ambitious colleagues. We know that diverse teams are strong teams, so we welcome those from different backgrounds and experiences. As part of one of Europe’s fastest growing companies, you'll help play an important role in taking Klarna to the next level.