Marketing Associate (Copywriter)
Who we are
Klarna’s mission is to free people from all the meaningless time spent managing money and purchases, so they can do more of what they love. Every day at Klarna we help consumers, merchants, and partners to explore just how smoooth the modern purchase experience can be. Our position at the crossroads of payments, consumer financing, ecommerce and banking means we are uniquely positioned to do this. There is no label for what we do.
Klarna was born in Stockholm in 2005 and today has 2500 employees working across Europe and the US. We currently serve 60 million consumers, work together with 130,000 merchants and process more than a million payment transactions a day. We are growing at 40% year on year and our investors include Visa, Atomico, Sequoia Capital, Permira and Bestseller group/ Anders Holch Povlsen. We have strong partnerships with some of the world’s leading brands, such as ASOS, IKEA, Adidas, Zara, Lufthansa and Spotify.
To find out more about what it's like to work at Klarna: klarna.com/careers
Klarna is looking for a diverse marketer who combines creativity, communication and business acumen in order to build the Klarna brand equity across different marketing channels. The role requires developing a deep understanding of the Klarna brand, its products and target customer in order to develop the right messaging and drive local brand activation's. The successful candidate will work closely with other team members and global marketing teams to support brand awareness and preference.
We are on a mission to liberate humanity from all the meaningless time people spend managing their money – so they have more time for what they love. That is why we are hell-bent on exploring just how smoooth the modern shopping experience can be. There is no label for what we do, because no one has ever built what we will. If you are unreasonable enough to think you can change the world, now is the time to join our mission and explore what the future might hold.
Find out more about what it is like to work at Klarna: https://www.klarna.com/careers
What you will do
- Translate, develop and implement Klarna’s tonality: What does Klarna in the DACH market sound like?
- Work closely with Product Marketing to position and support the go-to-market of Klarna products - both B2B and B2C - in the DACH region.
- Together with brand communications, develop a tonality guidebook to streamline the way Klarna speaks to customers.
- Help positioning Klarna in the German lifestyle media by developing and executing various PR activities such as press releases or guest posts.
- Develop a content and distribution strategy for Klarna’s Knowledge Hub and the like.
- Support on various other Marketing activities such as merchant case studies.
Who you are
- Native speaking German
- You have 3+ years experience in marketing from a major FinTech, advertising, banking, retail or Ecommerce industry
- You are a seasoned marketer who understands how to use the full marketing toolkit
- You have a profound talent of making complex things easy for everyone to understand
- You have exceptional creative, problem solving and strategic thinking ability
- You know how to utilize your critical thinking, analytical and quantitative skills
- You enjoy creating compelling & engaging message
- You are ruthless in delivering results on time and with the highest standards
- You are always curious about new technology and passionate about understanding the potential it can bring
We can offer you an international working environment filled with smart and ambitious colleagues. We know that diverse teams are strong teams, so we welcome those from different backgrounds and experiences. As part of one of Europe’s fastest growing companies, you'll help play an important role in taking Klarna to the next level.