Senior Financial Data Scientist
Stockholm, Sweden /
Data Science /
Klarna was founded in Stockholm, Sweden in 2005. Since then we've changed the banking industry forever. And now we're creating the world's smoothest shopping experience. We serve over 90 million consumers worldwide, and partner with 250,000 merchants – with a new merchant joining us every 8 minutes. Including some of the world's leading brands, such as H&M, ASOS, IKEA, Adidas, Samsung and Lufthansa. Our offices are spread over 17 different markets, hosted by 4000+ employees from 100+ nationalities.
Data Science plays a vital role in Klarna’s operation. Historically, our focus areas have revolved around real-time risk decision-making for transactions. This can either pertain to credit assessment for individuals or identification of fraudulent transactions. Since then we have added many new data science areas such as predicting customer lifetime value, predicting return behavior in e-commerce, etc.
As a Data Scientist in the Finance domain at Klarna you will;
- Steering and shaping the development of statistical models including PD, EAD, LGD and survival models
- Be involved in the fair value pricing of loans
- Be responsible for the full model lifecycle
In order to be successful in this role we believe that you will have:
- Strong programming skills in Python and SQL
- Previous experience in developing and validating PD, EAD, and LGD models
- Understanding of financial credit products
- Basic experience working with cloud platforms such as AWS and Google Cloud
- Strong stakeholder management skills (technical and non-technical)
- 3+ years experience working in a retail financial institution
Application and recruitment process
Here at Klarna we are looking for people, not role descriptions. We offer several opportunities simultaneously. When you apply, we will match your application to several roles and seniority levels, within different functions. What brings us together across positions and functions is a passion for Data Science, and a drive to make the Klarna experience as smoooth as possible.
So send your CV over in English and we'll take it from here!
Find out what it’s like to work at Klarna here: https://www.klarna.com/careers/
Klarna is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and candidates. Please refrain from including your picture and age with your application.