Senior Data Scientist - Recommendation Engine
Stockholm, Sweden /
Data Science /
Klarna makes shopping smoooth. And we do it with flair because shopping is fun. Every day, we help customers, businesses, and partners explore just how smoooth the modern shopping experience can be.
It means we’re constantly changing the game. Always trying out new things. And we encourage our people to do the same. To grow. To develop. Because we don’t believe roles have to stay fixed. Instead we inspire our people to take an irregular career path. As a company of 350 dynamic start-ups, our whole business is built for it. So once you’re in, there’s no telling what will happen next.
Data Science plays a vital role in Klarna’s operation. Historically, our focus areas have revolved around real-time risk decision-making for transactions. This can either pertain to credit assessment for individuals or identification of fraudulent transactions. Since then we have added many new data science areas such predicting customer lifetime value, predicting return behavior in e-commerce, etc. One of the newest areas we are expanding in is our Shopping app, and we are currently searching for Data Scientists that will have the opportunity to work on our brand new recommendation engine. You will be able to drive or take part in an exciting new project and to lead with expertise.
As a (Senior) Data Scientist within Recommendation Engine you will:
- Develop state of the art recommender systems and personalisation models to bring our customers the best user experience
- Bring your ideas to production using AWS
- Be involved in the whole process of model development. This includes everything from root cause analysis, data collection and feature engineering to training, validating and implementing machine learning models, computing performance statistics and live model monitoring
- Work closely with several engineering teams and business analysts to find new and smart ways of consolidating data and making use of it in order to make better models and ultimately better predictions
- Be innovative, cooperative, collaborative, open and have a flexible mindset with critical thinking
In order to be successful in this role we believe that you will have:
- Working experience from recommender systems and/or personalisation systems from a commercial perspective; be able to be a pioneer at Klarna within this field.
- Strong programming skills in Python, SQL
- Experience with big data using Spark
- Experience with & knowledge of Cloud platforms such as AWS or Google Cloud.
- Experience working in a commercial field such as e-commerce, retail or leading extended projects in these industries
- A degree from a university in a highly technically numerate subject (e.g. Maths, Physics, Engineering or Economics).
Application and recruitment process
Here at Klarna we are looking for people, not role descriptions. We offer several opportunities simultaneously. When you apply, we will match your application to several roles and seniority levels, within different functions. What brings us together across positions and functions is a passion for Data Science, and a drive to make the Klarna experience as smoooth as possible.
So send your CV over in English and we'll take it from here!
Find out what it’s like to work at Klarna here: https://www.klarna.com/careers/
Klarna was founded in Stockholm, Sweden in 2005. Since then, we’ve changed the banking industry forever. And now we’re creating the world’s smooothest shopping experience. We serve 80 million consumers worldwide, and partner with 190,000 merchants – with a new merchant joining us every 8 minutes. Including some of the world’s leading brands, such as H&M, ASOS, IKEA, Adidas, Samsung and Lufthansa. Our offices are spread over 17 different markets, hosted by +2,500 people from 90 nationalities.