Senior Analyst (Fraud)
Columbus, United States
Klarna’s mission is to free people from all the meaningless time spent managing money and purchases, so they can do more of what they love. Every day at Klarna we help consumers, merchants, and partners to explore just how smoooth the modern purchase experience can be. Our position at the crossroads of payments, consumer financing, ecommerce and banking means we are uniquely positioned to do this. There is no label for what we do.
Klarna was born in Stockholm in 2005 and today has 2500 employees working across Europe and the US. We currently serve 60 million consumers, work together with 130,000 merchants and process more than a million payment transactions a day. We're growing at 40% every year and our investors include Visa, Atomico, Sequoia Capital, Permira and Bestseller group/ Anders Holch Povlsen. We have strong partnerships with some of the world’s leading brands, such as ASOS, IKEA, Adidas, Zara, Lufthansa and Spotify.
Klarna strives to become the world’s favorite way to buy, and you can contribute to reaching this goal! We are looking to hire great people, who are passionate about using their talents to generate success. Analytics is no exception! We are currently looking to grow our Analytics teams to satisfy the company’s ever increasing need for complex problem solving and data driven decision making.
What you will do
Analytics at Klarna is divided into several teams with their unique responsibilities. One of these teams is our Fraud Analytics Team, which focuses on the continuous improvement of our fraud real-time decisioning for every transaction processed by Klarna. E-Commerce is changing quickly and so do the patterns of fraud. Our Analysts aim to identify these patterns with the help of manual and automated tools to protect our business, merchants and consumers from any fraud related losses and risks.
- Use statistical analysis tools and techniques to develop automated fraud detection and real-time decisioning strategies.
- Collaborate with Data Scientists to build and implement fraud pattern models.
- Work with other teams across the business (particularly Engineering, Product and Commercial) to devise robust fraud strategies for new products and markets.
- Create, test and monitor new fraud tools and strategies from scratch.
- Work on proof of concepts involving new technologies and proactively seek out vendor and internal solutions to fraud problems.
- Ensure metrics and strategies are fit for purpose in terms of the current fraud environment and emerging threats.
- Work closely with the investigations team to understand threats and develop mitigations.
- Communicate and involve stakeholders to respond to any fraud related incidents as the first touchpoint for Legal, Finance, Engineering, Data Science and other partners
- Act as a trainer and consultant for our internal and external stakeholders.
Who you are
- Klarna is looking for ambitious people with significant drive! You should be passionate about your job and enjoy a fast paced international working environment. You will play an important role in taking Klarna to the next level thus, you should desire to go above and beyond to produce best work results! At Klarna we embrace change, you should dare to challenge the status quo and be persistent.
- We have roles fit for either someone starting their career or ready to lead teams as a senior manager.
You should have
- A degree from a university in a numerate subject (e.g. Economics, Science, Engineering, Mathematics)
- 2-4 years of analytics experience, preferably in Fraud, Finance, or Tech
- Exceptional analytical thinking abilities, decision making and problem solving skills.
- Strong proficiency in SQL with the ability to analyze large quantities of data using statistical analysis tools such as Python or R.
- Experience in the entire Analytics lifecycle, from requirements gathering, data extraction, manipulation and analysis to sharing insights and advising on decision making
- Excellent track record in optimizing business performance and identifying gaps in business strategy, with a focus on financial services, ideally fraud.
- Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English
- Fantastic stakeholder management skills.
- Passion for learning about Fraud
You might also have
- Experience of decision systems, including rule/strategy implementation and testing is preferred
- Fraud experience - knowledge of external fraud data sources and use cases to prevent fraud
- Preferably an understanding for how to perform data extraction and manipulation in multiple programming languages is a plus (MatLab, Java, C# etc…)