Engineering Manager - Java
Stockholm, Sweden /
Klarna was founded in Stockholm, Sweden in 2005. Since then we've changed the banking industry forever. And now we're creating the world's smoothest shopping experience. We serve over 90 million consumers worldwide, and partner with 200,000 merchants – with a new merchant joining us every 8 minutes. Including some of the world's leading brands, such as H&M, ASOS, IKEA, Adidas, Samsung and Lufthansa. Our offices are spread over 17 different markets, hosted by 3500+ employees from 90 nationalities.
Engineering at Klarna is an inspired, customer focused community, dedicated to crafting solutions that redefine our industry. Working in small, highly collaborative and cross functional Agile teams, you and your team will have a clear mission and ownership of an important outcome that supports Klarna and our customers. We optimise for quality, flow, fast feedback, focusing on end-to-end ownership, continuous improvement, testing, monitoring and experimentation. We aim for teams that are inclusive, helpful, and have a strong sense of ownership for the things they build.
Our engineers make some of the most significant decisions for the company and we are looking for bold, open and curious developers. As a Klarnaut, you’ll be inspired to contribute to the growth of Europe’s most highly valued fintech and your work will reach millions of users.
Want to be part of the change? We're expanding several of our engineering teams and looking for Engineering Managers who will lead a high performing team and drive alignment of their technical direction. As an Engineering Manager at Klarna, your team could be focused on our core checkout product, payment services, customer purchase experience or fraud prevention, to name a few.
What you’ll get to do;
- Inspire, lead, shape and grow a high performing software engineering team consisting of 3-8 team members
- Successfully manage and develop relationships with a variety of stakeholders
- Continue being hands-on with programming and make informed decisions while you identify technical risks
- Scope and own a problem space while you develop your team’s vision and mission statement
- Succeed, fail, and learn together with your team!
- Play a key role in helping us continue to attract, develop and retain great engineering talent
To succeed in this role, we think you should have;
- A proven track record of successfully leading teams and delivering new products, preferably in complex and high transaction environments
- Demonstrable experience at acting independently, coupled with strong collaboration and coordination skills
- A desire to spend a significant percentage of your time close to the code
- Experience at developing, mentoring and growing a team
Some of the technologies you’ll get to work with;
- Java (latest versions)
- Spring and Spring Boot
- Docker and Kubernetes
- PostgreSQL, DynamoDB, Elastic search
- Microservices architecture on AWS
What we can offer you
Culture - You'll have an opportunity to work with talented people from 90+ different countries in our brand new English speaking offices in Stockholm city center.
Learning - We have a learning and development focused environment with an emphasis on knowledge sharing, training, and regular internal technical talks.
Compensation - You’ll receive an attractive salary, pension, and insurance plans, plus we offer all of our employees an opportunity to invest in a RSU program and own a stake of the company. You’ll also receive 30 days annual leave and since we recognise that life is about more than work, we also offer benefits for gym memberships, marathons, and all sorts of activities that promote physical health. We also have generous parental leave (for men and women).
Relocation - We can offer relocation support to Stockholm.
We know diverse teams are strong teams, so we welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences. Our teams include women, men, mothers, fathers, the self-taught, the college-educated, and people from all over the world.
We also believe in making contributions back to the open source community. You can find some of our work at https://github.com/klarna.
How to apply: please send us your CV or Linkedin profile in English
Klarna is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and candidates. Please refrain from including your picture and age with your application.