Columbus, United States
Who we are
Klarna’s mission is to free people from all the meaningless time spent managing money and purchases, so they can do more of what they love. Every day at Klarna we help consumers, merchants, and partners to explore just how smoooth the modern purchase experience can be. Our position at the crossroads of payments, consumer financing, ecommerce and banking means we are uniquely positioned to do this. There is no label for what we do.
Klarna was born in Stockholm in 2005 and today has 2500 employees working across Europe and the US. We currently serve 60 million consumers, work together with 130,000 merchants and process more than a million payment transactions a day. We are growing at 40% year on year and our investors include Visa, Atomico, Sequoia Capital, Permira and Bestseller group/ Anders Holch Povlsen. We have strong partnerships with some of the world’s leading brands, such as ASOS, IKEA, Adidas, Zara, Lufthansa and Spotify.
To find out more about what it's like to work at Klarna: klarna.com/careers
Klarna strives to become the world’s favourite way to buy, and you can contribute to reaching this goal! We are looking to hire great people, who are passionate about using their talents to generate success. Our Legal team is no exception! We are currently looking to grow our Global Legal Domain to satisfy the company’s ever increasing need for legal innovation in all parts of the business, covering commercial, consumer, corporate, regulatory and privacy law.
We are now in particular looking for a passionate and energetic paralegal who thrives in a creative, fast-paced work environment. The role will be an integrated part of Klarna’s global Corporate Legal team, leading the work on general corporate matters, licensing in the US and M&A.
One important task is to be the best support for our US licensing program. Klarna Inc. is licensed in numerous states and territories and has money transmitter licenses. Teamwork and a multi-jurisdictional mindset will be part of your daily routine.
- Supporting our Legal Director working with maintaining our US licensing program and preparing legal research
- Managing all filings through the NMLS platform
- Supporting the global Corporate Legal team with keeping elevant templates up-to-date, updating the intranet page
- Coordinating with management and other internal stakeholders as well as relevant shareholder ahead of regulatory filings, examinations and audits
- Creating and coordinating periodic reports
- Handling contacts with US authorities
- Work with our Swedish parent company to further global continuity in our advice and contract practices
- Minimum 5 years experience as a paralegal
- In-house experience a plus
- Paralegal certificate
- Ability to interact effectively with other parts of the business, including senior business management and other attorneys
- Ability to make decisions collaboratively based on thoughtful analysis
- Excellent communication/writing skills
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to work under pressure
- Open minded, sense of humor and willingness to learn
Klarna is looking for ambitious people with significant drive! You should be passionate about your job and enjoy a fast paced international working environment. You will play an important role in taking Klarna to the next level, so you should desire to go above and beyond to produce best work results! At Klarna we embrace change, you should dare to challenge the status quo and be persistent.
We can offer you an international working environment filled with smart and ambitious colleagues. We know that diverse teams are strong teams, so we welcome those from different backgrounds and experiences. As part of one of Europe’s fastest growing companies, you'll help play an important role in taking Klarna to the next level.