Senior IAM Architect
We are on a mission to liberate humanity from all the meaningless time spent managing their purchases and finances, so they can do more of what they love. Klarna was founded on a bold belief: that people are capable of achieving the extraordinary, even when faced with the seemingly impossible. Our journey has been one of continuous learning, facing immense challenges head-on, dedicating countless hours of hard work, and never wavering in our commitment or resilience - and now we are looking for individuals to join us on our journey and contribute to our mission.
About the role
We at Klarna have an exciting opportunity for an experienced professional in Identity & Access Management (IAM) to join our team as an IAM Architect. In this role, you will play a crucial part in designing, maintaining, and improving a sustainable IAM framework while collaborating closely with a dedicated IAM team to ensure the organization's security and operational efficiency. If you have a passion for creating, enhancing, and safeguarding digital identities, this position is for you.
What You’ll Get To Do
- Develop and lead the overall IAM strategy, aligning it with the organization's business objectives and the ever-evolving security landscape. Proactively identify potential risks to design proactive measures
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to provide architecture support, guidance, and expertise in implementing IAM solutions throughout the organization
- Evaluate and improve Single Sign-On (SSO) and federated identities solutions to ensure seamless and secure user authentication experiences.
- Demonstrate your expertise in fulfilling banking or regulatory requirements, and ensuring the organization's IAM practices are in line with industry standards
- Lead IAM-related projects from inception to completion, collaborating with stakeholders to ensure project success
You’ll Need To Have
- A strong background in Identity & Access Management or related roles, with at least 10 years of dedicated experience in the field
- Demonstrated advanced proficiency in implementing and managing Single Sign-On (SSO) and federated identities solutions
- Extensive experience in designing and implementing Role-Based Access Control (RBAC) and Attribute-Based Access Control (ABAC) mechanisms
- A track record of designing scalable and secure IAM architectures, considering the organization's unique needs and future growth
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills to work effectively with cross-functional teams, understanding the organization’s IAM requirements, and providing appropriate solutions
Since 2005 Klarna has been on a mission to revolutionize the retail banking industry. With over 150 million global active users and 2 million transactions per day, Klarna is meeting the changing demands of consumers by saving them time and money while helping them be informed and in control. Over 450,000 global retail partners, including H&M, Saks, Sephora, Macys, IKEA, Expedia Group, and Nike have integrated Klarna's innovative technology to deliver a seamless shopping experience online and in-store. For more information, visit Klarna.com
It is our commitment that every qualified person will be evaluated according to skills regardless of age, gender, identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability status or religion. Please refrain from including your picture and age with the application.
About Engineering at Klarna
Engineering at Klarna is an inspired, customer focused community, dedicated to crafting solutions that redefine our industry. Working in small, highly collaborative Agile teams, you and your team will have a clear mission and ownership of an important outcome that supports Klarna and our customers. At Klarna we optimise for quality, flow, fast feedback, focusing on end-to-end ownership, continuous improvement, testing, monitoring, and experimentation. We aim for teams that are inclusive, helpful, and have a strong sense of ownership for the things they build.
Check out what it's like to be an engineer at Klarna here.