Product Designer - Design System
Klarna makes shopping smoooth. And we do it with flair because shopping is fun. Every day, we help customers, businesses, and partners explore just how smoooth the modern shopping experience can be.
It means we’re constantly changing the game. Always trying out new things. And we encourage our people to do the same. To grow. To develop. Because we don’t believe roles have to stay fixed. Instead we inspire our people to take an irregular career path. As a company of 350 dynamic start-ups, our whole business is built for it. So once you’re in, there’s no telling what will happen next.
Klarna strives to become the world’s favourite way to buy, and you can contribute to reaching this goal! We are looking to hire great people, who are passionate about using their talents to generate success. We are currently looking to grow our Design System Designer teams to satisfy the company’s ever increasing need for maintaining a growing, unified and high end design system.
What you will do
Klarna’s Design team is an ambitious international team where results and attention to detail are taken seriously. We aim to build the best products in the world and we are excited to welcome new team members who share our ambition to be consistently amazing.
Your work will revolve around the continuous evolvement of Klarna’s Design Language, from exploring and reviewing ideas to building on top of an extensive component library and documenting design patterns.
The ideal candidate for this role will be able to contribute and assist in taking our look, structure and consistency to the next level.
- Facilitate and evolve the look and feel of Klarna’s design language, its components and design patterns
- Document design guidelines and actively share knowledge on how to utilise the design system
- Work closely with our Brand Design team and to build a consistent Brand and UI experience across the whole customer journey
- Work closely with engineers throughout the implementation stage to ensure a high level of quality in the final compositions
- Help shape the design culture at Klarna that will ultimately define every interaction customers have with our products and services
Who you are
- Klarna is looking for ambitious people with significant drive! You should be passionate about your job and enjoy a fast paced international working environment. You will play an important role in taking Klarna to the next level thus, you should desire to go above and beyond to produce best work results! At Klarna we embrace change, you should dare to challenge the status quo and be persistent.
You should have
- A strong understanding of interaction design, visual design and user experience (2-3 years of experience)
- Experience designing high quality interfaces, design systems and experiences
- The ability to articulate and explain your ideas to other designers, engineers and project managers
- A strong eye for grids, visual patterns and pixel perfection
- Ability to produce visual mockups using Sketch or similar tools
- Familiarity with prototyping tools such as Invision, Framer or Flinto
- Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English
You might also have
- Experience working with React and its components
- Passion for motion design and transitions
- Experience working in e-commerce
- The desire to go above and beyond to produce the best work
- Experience developing design libraries
How to apply
Send over a CV in English. We recommend you submit your application as soon as possible as selection and interviews are held continually.
Note: A portfolio is an essential element of the application for a Design role at Klarna. Applicants who do not supply a link or PDF with samples of their work can unfortunately not be considered.
Klarna was founded in Stockholm, Sweden in 2005. Since then, we’ve changed the banking industry forever. And now we’re creating the world’s smooothest shopping experience. We serve 80 million consumers worldwide, and partner with 190,000 merchants – with a new merchant joining us every 8 minutes. Including some of the world’s leading brands, such as H&M, ASOS, IKEA, Adidas, Samsung and Lufthansa. Our offices are spread over 17 different markets, hosted by +2,500 people from 90 nationalities.