Engineering Manager - AI & Automation
Klarna makes shopping smoooth. And we do it with flair because shopping is fun. Every day, we help customers, businesses, and partners explore just how smoooth the modern shopping experience can be.
It means we’re constantly changing the game. Always trying out new things. And we encourage our people to do the same. To grow. To develop. Because we don’t believe roles have to stay fixed. Instead we inspire our people to take an irregular career path. As a company of 350 dynamic start-ups, our whole business is built for it. So once you’re in, there’s no telling what will happen next.
We are looking for engineering managers to lead a team of 6-8 developers in the AI & Automation domain in Stockholm. The domain is building a variety of services providing the backdrop for advanced user experience and analytics features. We are working with very large datasets, cloud-based infrastructure, machine learning, web scraping/crawling and services exposed to high-volume usage such as the Klarna App. We are looking for candidates who are interested in combining hands-on work, mentoring of team members, driving architecture and delivery and work with product owners to set roadmap and priorities.
- Inspire, lead, shape and grow a software engineering team.
- Manage and drive procurement for third party products that your team depends on.
- Drive continuous improvement focusing on quality in own and partner teams.
- Prioritise and optimise for highest speed in execution.
- Take calculated risks, anchor with different stakeholders and articulate short and long term consequences.
- Continuously develop relationships with product, engineering and key stakeholders across teams and domains.
- Influence and drive software design and architecture.
- Experience leading software engineering teams.
- Track record of delivery of influential software, preferably in complex business models and high transaction environment.
- Experience designing and building full-stack applications in complex environments.
- Passionate about people management and mentoring.
- Self driven and curiosity in mindset.
- Stakeholder management ability.
- Ability to act independently, coupled with strong collaboration and coordination skills.
Klarna was founded in Stockholm, Sweden in 2005. Since then, we’ve changed the banking industry forever. And now we’re creating the world’s smooothest shopping experience. We serve 80 million consumers worldwide, and partner with 190,000 merchants – with a new merchant joining us every 8 minutes. Including some of the world’s leading brands, such as H&M, ASOS, IKEA, Adidas, Samsung and Lufthansa. Our offices are spread over 17 different markets, hosted by +2,500 people from 90 nationalities.