Senior Android Engineer
On our path to becoming the world’s favorite way to shop, we’re assembling an unparalleled global talent network, accelerating individual careers, and disrupting entire industries. We are on a mission to liberate humanity from all the meaningless time spent managing their purchases and finances, so they can do more of what they love. We’re in search of global talent eager to embrace our atmosphere and defy their own expectations.
We are now looking for talented native Android engineers to help us build the next generation of our app platform.
What you'll get to do:
- Build and maintain the native products that make up the core platform of the Klarna app.
- Tackle challenges and find creative ways to implement new features, using the best available technologies.
- Work with large scale, highly available and resilient modern financial systems.
- Be an integral part of a cross-functional team, in addition to its culture and ways of working.
- Common practices include agile methodologies, pair and mob programming.
- Work with automated deployment enabling code release multiple times a day and native app releases on a fixed schedule.
- Succeed, fail, and learn together with other talented people. We believe in an environment that provides an opportunity for growth and sees education as an outcome of failure that gets us closer to the next breakthrough.
You should have:
- Experience building Android mobile applications and a solid understanding of the Android platform, ecosystem and good coding skills with Kotlin (we use 100% Kotlin and no Java anymore).
- Love for solving technical challenges with other talented teammates.
- Ability to take over responsibility and drive the development of exciting and impactful new features and products.
- A passion for writing clean and testable code.
- An agile mindset and experience with Agile practices (Pairing, TDD, BDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery).
Some of the technologies we work with:
- React Native
- Jetpack Architecture Components (Google provided tools and SDKs for Android development)
- Agile practices (Pairing, TDD, CI/CD)
- Firebase (google services)
- REST API and GraphQL API
- Backend: node.js, AWS, Datadog, Docker, Kafka
We know diverse teams are strong teams, so we welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences.
Our teams include women, men, mothers, fathers, the self-taught, the college-educated, and people from all over the world.
We also believe in contributing back to the open source community. You can find some of our work here https://github.com/klarna.
How to apply: Please send us your CV or LinkedIn profile in English
Relocation: Unfortunately, we do not offer relocation support for these roles but we would be happy to provide visa support when necessary.
What we offer:
Diversity & Community
With our diversity of skills, perspectives and backgrounds, we can create, innovate, and disrupt like no other. Diversity is part of who we are, and essential to our success.
Ownership & Impact
Here, every voice matters. We’re organized into hundreds of small teams, each run like a start-up, focused on their own problem-space.
Trust & Collaboration
Successes and failures are won together at Klarna in a melting pot of teams. Win, lose, and learn, we’re on this path together.
If you love what you do, you should love where you do it. We appreciate that everyone’s different and has their own preferences of where and how to work. We genuinely believe in the power of regular face-to-face interactions in building close connections with our teams, but we also strongly believe people can work effectively remotely. This means that combining both is the key to success.
At Klarna, You can choose between working from the office, hybrid within your employment country, or even outside of it for up to 20 working days per year. Flex it up!
Challenges & Rewards
We take a very Swedish approach to benefits. Support for parents, health and wellness perks—we’ve got you covered.
Since 2005 Klarna has been on a mission to revolutionize the retail banking industry. With over 150 million global active users and 2 million transactions per day, Klarna is meeting the changing demands of consumers by saving them time and money while helping them be informed and in control. Over 450,000 global retail partners, including H&M, Saks, Sephora, Macys, IKEA, Expedia Group, and Nike have integrated Klarna's innovative technology to deliver a seamless shopping experience online and in-store. Klarna has over 6,000 employees and is active in 45 markets. For more information, visit Klarna.com
It is our commitment that every qualified person will be evaluated according to skills regardless of age, gender, identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability status or religion. Please refrain from including your picture and age with the application.