Site Reliability Engineer
Who we are
Klarna’s mission is to free people from all the meaningless time spent managing money and purchases, so they can do more of what they love. Every day at Klarna we help consumers, merchants, and partners to explore just how smoooth the modern purchase experience can be. Our position at the crossroads of payments, consumer financing, ecommerce and banking means we are uniquely positioned to do this. There is no label for what we do.
Klarna was born in Stockholm in 2005 and today has 2000 employees working across Europe and the US. We currently serve 60 million consumers, work together with 90,000 merchants and process more than a million payment transactions a day. We are growing at 40% year on year and our investors include Visa, Atomico, Sequoia Capital, Permira and Bestseller group/ Anders Holsch Povlsen. We have strong partnerships with some of the world’s leading brands, such as ASOS, IKEA, Adidas, Zara, Lufthansa and Spotify.
To find out more about what it's like to work at Klarna: klarna.com/careers
We at Klarna are looking for driven and energetic Data Engineers who also happen to like Python in order to join our new office in Berlin.
Our mission is to make payments as smooth as possible, reducing the friction you are facing when you purchase goods online. Our secret sauce to achieve this, is our ability to provide credit in real-time. If you want to learn more on how it is done, there is a great opportunity to join us, aim for awesomeness and write history.
We are currently serving 70 million customers and we are growing with a rate bigger than 50% annually, so there are very big opportunities having a massive impact in one of the very few profitable unicorns out there.
What do we expect from you
- To be driven, this is an essential attribute if you want to thrive in Klarna’s fast moving environment.
- To be optimistic, being a source of can-do optimism will be crucial for the whole undertaking and the teams you will be collaborating with.
- To be passionate about building data platforms and pipelines. Get involved and improve the whole life cycle of software systems—from inception and design, through deployment, operation and refinement.
- Collaborate with various teams and enable them to maintain their services once they are live by measuring and monitoring availability, latency and overall system health.
- Scale systems sustainably through mechanisms like automation, and evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity.
- To know or be willing to quickly acquire deep knowledge of the big data tool landscape.
- Knowledge of Python.
- A portfolio of relevant projects, blog posts or activity would be greatly appreciated.
What you can expect from us
A very, very competent compensation package, based on your skill level. 6 weeks of paid holidays.A practically unlimited potential to develop and grow, both personally and professionally. Unlimited budget for personal development, including books, conferences and workshops. Amazing relocation package to Berlin, Germany. Generous pension and insurance plans.A private cinema, among many, many other perks, in downtown Berlin.
Klarna is an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
If it sounds good, go ahead and contact us! We are looking forward to hear from you!
We can offer you an international working environment filled with smart and ambitious colleagues. We know that diverse teams are strong teams, so we welcome those from different backgrounds and experiences. As part of one of Europe’s fastest growing companies, you'll help play an important role in taking Klarna to the next level.