Site Reliability Engineer
Who we are
Klarna’s mission is to free people from all the meaningless time spent managing money and purchases, so they can do more of what they love. Every day at Klarna we help consumers, merchants, and partners to explore just how smoooth the modern purchase experience can be. Our position at the crossroads of payments, consumer financing, ecommerce and banking means we are uniquely positioned to do this. There is no label for what we do.
Klarna was born in Stockholm in 2005 and today has 2000 employees working across Europe and the US. We currently serve 60 million consumers, work together with 90,000 merchants and process more than a million payment transactions a day. We are growing at 40% year on year and our investors include Visa, Atomico, Sequoia Capital, Permira and Bestseller group/ Anders Holsch Povlsen. We have strong partnerships with some of the world’s leading brands, such as ASOS, IKEA, Adidas, Zara, Lufthansa and Spotify.
To find out more about what it's like to work at Klarna: klarna.com/careers
We at Klarna are looking for driven and energetic Site Reliability Engineers who also happen to like Python in order to join our office in Berlin.
Our mission is to make payments as smooth as possible, reducing the friction you are facing when you purchase goods online. Our secret sauce to achieve this, is our ability to provide credit in real-time. If you want to learn more on how it is done, there is a great opportunity to join us, aim for awesomeness and write history.
What do we expect from you
- To be driven
- Ensure high reliability and availability for production systems, including upgrade and release processes and incident handling.
- Manage and deploy internal and external monitoring solutions for maintaining high availability for production systems.
- Develop effective tooling, alerts, and response to both identify and address reliability risks.
- Define and evangelise cloud-related optimisations and best practices to improve reliability and performance.
- Responsible for troubleshooting cloud infrastructure, systems, network, and application stacks.
- Work with fellow operations engineers and development teams on complex problems, and make decisions and recommendations about systems improvements after analysing possible courses of action.
What you can expect from us
A very, very competent compensation package, based on your skill level. 6 weeks of paid holidays. A practically unlimited potential to develop and grow, both personally and professionally. Unlimited budget for personal development, including books, conferences and workshops. Amazing relocation package to Berlin, Germany. Generous pension and insurance plans. A private cinema, among many, many other perks, in downtown Berlin.
Klarna is an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
If it sounds good, go ahead and contact us! We are looking forward to hear from you!
We can offer you an international working environment filled with smart and ambitious colleagues. We know that diverse teams are strong teams, so we welcome those from different backgrounds and experiences. As part of one of Europe’s fastest growing companies, you'll help play an important role in taking Klarna to the next level.