Director of UX Research
Stockholm, Sweden /
Klarna makes shopping smoooth. And we do it with flair because shopping is fun. Every day, we help customers, businesses, and partners explore just how smoooth the modern shopping experience can be.
It means we’re constantly changing the game. Always trying out new things. And we encourage our people to do the same. To grow. To develop. Because we don’t believe roles have to stay fixed. Instead we inspire our people to take an irregular career path. As a company of 350 dynamic start-ups, our whole business is built for it. So once you’re in, there’s no telling what will happen next.
Klarna strives to become the world’s favourite way to buy, and you can contribute to reaching this goal. We are looking to hire great people, who are passionate about using their talents to generate success. Currently, we are looking for a UX Research Director to manage the strategies and the team of UX Researchers at Klarna.
What you will do
As a UX Research Director, you will be part of Klarna's Design team - an ambitious international team where results and attention to detail are taken seriously. We aim to build the best products in the world and we are excited to welcome new team members who share our ambition to be consistently amazing.
We’re organised into domains with a clear area of focus and different products and teams in them. As a Director of UX Research, you will lead the overall UX research at Klarna in terms of processes, methods, staffing and personal growth of other UX researchers to make sure we reach a high level of quality. You will also work hands-on with research in your domain alongside your Design, Product and Engineering counterparts.
As Director of UX Research, you will report directly to the VP Design and you will have an unique opportunity to raise awareness on customer needs at Klarna and be part of fully integrating and establishing UX research in the development process of all Klarna products.
What that means
- Define and oversee the UX research strategies.
- Develop resources and processes needed in order to deliver on the strategy, and establish best practices for UX researchers at Klarna.
- Build, manage and lead the team of UX researchers.
- Be an advocate for UX research to diverse audiences.
- Shape the UX research culture at Klarna to ultimately define every interaction customers have with our products and services.
- Proactively drive user centric design in any products or services we build for our customers.
- Leverage the existing knowledge about our customers to foster empathy, create real customer understanding, and guide development on a company level.
- Build up research infrastructure and organize user research with customers in different markets to validate and to get insights on new concepts and ideas.
- Conduct, analyse, document, and act upon research studies together with product managers, data analysts, and designers. Play an active role in product design.
Who you are
- Klarna is looking for ambitious people with significant drive. You should be passionate about your job and enjoy a fast paced international working environment. You will play an important role in taking Klarna to the next level thus, you should desire to go above and beyond to produce best work results. At Klarna we embrace change, you should dare to challenge the status quo and be persistent.
You should have
- At least 3 years of experience managing teams of UX researchers.
- At least 7 years of hands on UX research work experience.
- A degree in either Computer Science, Human-Computer Interaction, Cognitive Science, Experimental Psychology, Anthropology, Data Science or a related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Great ability to articulate and explain your ideas to both management and colleagues.
Send over a CV in English.
A portfolio is essential in order for us to review your application
If you have any questions please feel free to contact Ana Andrei. We recommend that you submit your application as soon as possible as selection and interviews are held continually.
Klarna was founded in Stockholm, Sweden in 2005. Since then, we’ve changed the banking industry forever. And now we’re creating the world’s smooothest shopping experience. We serve 80 million consumers worldwide, and partner with 190,000 merchants – with a new merchant joining us every 8 minutes. Including some of the world’s leading brands, such as H&M, ASOS, IKEA, Adidas, Samsung and Lufthansa. Our offices are spread over 18 different markets, hosted by +3000 people from 90 nationalities.