Senior Product Designer - Design System
Berlin, Germany /
Klarna makes shopping smoooth. And we do it with flair because shopping is fun. Every day, we help customers, businesses, and partners explore just how smoooth the modern shopping experience can be.
It means we’re constantly changing the game. Always trying out new things. And we encourage our people to do the same. To grow. To develop. Because we don’t believe roles have to stay fixed. Instead we inspire our people to take an irregular career path. As a company of 350 dynamic start-ups, our whole business is built for it. So once you’re in, there’s no telling what will happen next.
What you will do
We're looking for an ambitious and talented designer to join in evolving Klarna's Product Design language and bring it to the next level.
The Design System is an awesome team of Designers and Developers who are passionate about creating the foundation to build world-class products with great craft and consistency.
If you have the highest pixel-perfect standards, exceptional interaction design skills and strong systems thinking mindset, this might be your role.
What you will be responsible for
- Facilitate and evolve the look and feel of Klarna’s Product Design language, its components and design patterns, from concepts to implementation
- Work closely with our Brand Studio team and to build a consistent Brand and Product experience across the whole customer journey
- Work closely with engineers to ensure a high level of quality delivery across all platforms (web, iOS, Android)
- Document design guidelines and actively share knowledge on how to utilise the design system
- Always seek out for design system best practices, design patterns across multiple industries and products to constantly evolve Klarna products and design language
- Help shape the design culture at Klarna that will ultimately define every interaction customers have with our products and services
You should have
- A great eye and toucjh for design: identify common design patterns throughout web and mobile platforms and find elegant solutions for implementation
- A strong track record and understanding of visual and interaction design (5+ years of experience in the field, preferably 2-3 years in building design systems)
- Great technical understanding of how to build systems, UI patterns and work smarter around technical limitations
- Experience designing for web, Android and IOS
- A portfolio demonstrating your work
- Great understanding of visual harmony, information hierarchy and design patterns: You should be able to produce quality visual designs (We use Sketch and Abstract)
- Experience in writing simple and clear design documentation for multiple audiences (designers, developers, product owners and other stakeholders)
- Strong in articulating and explaining your ideas to other designers, engineers, product managers and other stakeholders
- Fluent with different level of prototyping tools such as Invision, Framer, Principle or Flinto
- Passionate about and/or experience in motion design
- Experience working in fin-tech or shopping
How to apply
Please send over a CV in English together with a portfolio
Klarna was founded in Stockholm, Sweden in 2005. Since then, we’ve changed the banking industry forever. And now we’re creating the world’s smooothest shopping experience. We serve 80 million consumers worldwide, and partner with 190,000 merchants – with a new merchant joining us every 8 minutes. Including some of the world’s leading brands, such as H&M, ASOS, IKEA, Adidas, Samsung and Lufthansa. Our offices are spread over 17 different markets, hosted by +2,500 people from 90 nationalities.