Intern and/or Working Student- Compliance
Who we are
Klarna’s mission is to free people from all the meaningless time spent managing money and purchases, so they can do more of what they love. Every day at Klarna we help consumers, merchants, and partners to explore just how smoooth the modern purchase experience can be. Our position at the crossroads of payments, consumer financing, ecommerce and banking means we are uniquely positioned to do this. There is no label for what we do.
Klarna was born in Stockholm in 2005 and today has 2000 employees working across Europe and the US. We currently serve 60 million consumers, work together with 90,000 merchants and process more than a million payment transactions a day. We are growing at 40% year on year and our investors include Visa, Atomico, Sequoia Capital, Permira and Bestseller group/ Anders Holsch Povlsen. We have strong partnerships with some of the world’s leading brands, such as ASOS, IKEA, Adidas, Zara, Lufthansa and Spotify.
To find out more about what it's like to work at Klarna: klarna.com/careers
Do you want to be part of an international, growing Compliance team, working for a Bank that wants to revolutionize the financial industry? Klarna Group (“Klarna”) is looking for an intern / working student to strengthen the DACH Compliance Team in Berlin.
- are studying law, banking, business, economics or equivalent,
- have successfully completed your first semesters,
- are eager to apply what you have learnt so far in business life,
- are interested in and maybe have had your first experiences with Compliance and the topics connected to it such as Anti-Money Laundering or PSD2,
- want to know how it is to work in a young and fast growing company,
- have the ability to work prioritize and are comfortable to work independently but also in a team,
- are a communicator and action oriented and
- have excellent English and German language skills
Your tasks will include:
- Support the DACH Compliance Team in their day to day business as well as aligning with Klarna Group Compliance
- Support in creating and updating guidelines, policies, procedures and instructions within the compliance field
- Monitor regulatory developments within Klarna’s business areas
- Support in preventing and identifying compliance risks, preparing risk analyses and compliance plans and implementing and monitoring
- Prepare Compliance Reports
- Actively be involved in Compliance Projects
Please send in your application in English.
We can offer you an international working environment filled with smart and ambitious colleagues. We know that diverse teams are strong teams, so we welcome those from different backgrounds and experiences. As part of one of Europe’s fastest growing companies, you'll help play an important role in taking Klarna to the next level.