Lead Motion designer
Stockholm, Sweden /
Klarna makes shopping smoooth. And we do it with flair because shopping is fun. Every day, we help customers, businesses, and partners explore just how smoooth the modern shopping experience can be.
It means we’re constantly changing the game. Always trying out new things. And we encourage our people to do the same. To grow. To develop. Because we don’t believe roles have to stay fixed. Instead we inspire our people to take an irregular career path. As a company of 350 dynamic start-ups, our whole business is built for it. So once you’re in, there’s no telling what will happen next.
Who you are
Klarna is looking for ambitious people with significant drive. You should be passionate about your work and enjoy a fast paced international working environment. You will play an important role in taking Klarna to the next level thus, you should desire to go above and beyond to produce the best work results. At Klarna we embrace change, you should dare to challenge the status quo and be persistent.(Brand) Designers at Klarna are fundamental players in the strategy, conception and design of beautiful and meaningful ideas and products. Bringing exceptional creative thought and well-crafted execution, the designers shape innovative brand experiences and possess broad, up-to-date knowledge of the most innovative communication trends. We pride ourselves on making each project as cool as it can be, and we throw in a bunch of fun while doing it.
What you will do
- Visionary leads the easing, timing and movement of our brand perception
- Use animation, transition and video to build brand consistency throughout all our marketing projects
- Work closely with the design leads, be a part of, lead and inspire the team
- Take responsibility for the quality, execution and delivery of design throughout all phases of a project
- Work with different formats and platforms to create, including but not limited to, global campaigns, social media content and instruction films
- Oversee and be involved in creative production and motion identity work
- Generate the creative ideas, development and the motion look and feel
- Be aware of and respond to current design and culture
- Contribute to our creative process by sharing your ideas and experience
- Present work internally and externally
- Review and steer junior motion designers work to ensure high quality as well as manage junior in-house motion designers
- Stay up-to-date with industry development and tools
- Be very forward leaning around tools, platforms and new opportunities in the touchpoints where motions is key
You should have
- Experience creating motion identities for brands that can be adapted to any format, device or platform, creating a consistent brand experience
- Exceptional design & layout skills, great eye for composition, colour, typography and detail-oriented
- Keenness to continuously learn and improve to maintain the highest standard of work
- Ability to develop a concept from client brief into a visual narrative and lead project to final delivery
- A team player who is happy to share ideas, take constructive feedback from teammates and go the extra mile when required
- Remain flexible and positive if designs need to change or direction is modified
- An ability to come up with winning style frames, concepts and motion tests from scratch
- Ability to work quickly without compromising quality or organisation
- Effectively communicate creative ideas
- Manage and inspire the team
- Preferably 5+ years of proven experience in motion design
- Self-motivated problem solver, dedication, positive attitude and flexibility.
Technical skills required
- Expert-level knowledge of After Effects, ProtoPie, Principle, Photoshop & Illustrator is a must
- Good working knowledge of Sketch and Cinema 4D
We offer you a diversely international working environment filled with talented, creative and intelligent colleagues. As part of the Consumer demand creation domain you will be working alongside other designers, copywriters, product marketeers, marketing managers, PR specialists, etc. As an employee at one of the fastest growing companies in online payments and e-commerce worldwide, you will play an important role in taking Klarna to the next level. If this sounds as exciting to you as it does to us, we look forward to hearing from you.
Note: A portfolio is an essential element of the application for a Design role at Klarna. Applicants who do not supply a link or PDF with samples of their work can unfortunately not be considered.
We recommend you submit your application as soon as possible as selection and interviews are held continually.
Klarna was founded in Stockholm, Sweden in 2005. Since then, we’ve changed the banking industry forever. And now we’re creating the world’s smooothest shopping experience. We serve 80 million consumers worldwide, and partner with 190,000 merchants – with a new merchant joining us every 8 minutes. Including some of the world’s leading brands, such as H&M, ASOS, IKEA, Adidas, Samsung and Lufthansa. Our offices are spread over 18 different markets, hosted by +3000 people from 90 nationalities.