Who we are
Klarna’s mission is to free people from all the meaningless time spent managing money and purchases, so they can do more of what they love. Every day at Klarna we help consumers, merchants, and partners to explore just how smoooth the modern purchase experience can be. Our position at the crossroads of payments, consumer financing, ecommerce and banking means we are uniquely positioned to do this. There is no label for what we do.
Klarna was born in Stockholm in 2005 and today has 2000 employees working across Europe and the US. We currently serve 60 million consumers, work together with 90,000 merchants and process more than a million payment transactions a day. We are growing at 40% year on year and our investors include Visa, Atomico, Sequoia Capital, Permira and Bestseller group/ Anders Holsch Povlsen. We have strong partnerships with some of the world’s leading brands, such as ASOS, IKEA, Adidas, Zara, Lufthansa and Spotify.
To find out more about what it's like to work at Klarna: klarna.com/careers
For our HQ Brand teams based in Stockholm, Klarna is looking for senior interactive art directors, with a passion for delivering visually ground-breaking work and who are committed to fostering cutting-edge, aesthetic quality across all touch points.
Brand designers at Klarna are fundamental players in the strategy, conception and design of beautiful and meaningful ideas and products. Bringing exceptional creative thought and well-crafted execution, the designers shapes innovative brand experiences and possess broad, up-to-date knowledge of the most innovative communication trends. We pride ourselves on making each project as cool as it can be, and we throw in a bunch of fun while doing it.
Who you are
- Klarna is looking for driven people with significant drive. You should be passionate about your work and enjoy a fast paced international working environment. You will play an important role in taking Klarna to the next level thus, you should desire to go above and beyond to produce best work results. At Klarna we embrace change, you should dare to challenge the status quo and be dedicated.
What you will do:
- Take responsibility for the quality and execution of design throughout all phases of a project across a broad range of digital and sometimes physical touch points.
- Work with different teams and partners in setting the right tonality in our different communication channels according to our design guidelines.
- Facilitate feedback with a positive attitude from different teams while ensuring relevant feedback is captured, properly validated, and implemented.
- Guide projects into original and unexpected creative solutions, collaborating with PMs, designers and copywriters to create the most compelling and successful design or art direction possible.
- Conceptualise innovative digital ideas for campaigns and visual assets, and pitch them to stakeholders in an engaging and convincing manner.
- Create art direction and design for digital marketing campaigns, including social media posts, paid media, organic, out of home as well as co-marketing campaigns, how-to videos, and website material.
- Direct designers, video makers, 3d-artists, photographers, illustrators to deliver unique and on brand experiences using creative- or production briefs.
You should have
- Collaboration skills. Our designers have the opportunity to work with experts in various fields and are expected to bring ideas to the table.
- Articulation skills. You present concepts and solutions clearly and effectively to internal stakeholders.
- Exceptional English skills in written and oral communication
- 5+ years of proven experience working with design that demonstrates an exceptional creativity and attention to detail.
- Experience working with photographers, directors and set-designers, to create emotional visual stories with clear purposes.
- Loves to get your hands dirty and translates high level strategy into well crafted execution.
- Embrace challenges and inspires to new ways of thinking.
- You think of your design in mobile and in motion and are able to prototype simpler animations and transitions.
- Experience in mentoring and managing junior designers.
We offer you a diversely international working environment filled with talented, creative and intelligent colleagues. As part of the Brand domain you will be working alongside other designers, copywriters, product marketeers, marketing managers, pr specialists, etc as well as with the product design team and engineering teams. As an employee at one of the fastest growing companies in online payments and e-commerce world wide, you will play an important role in taking Klarna to the next level. If this sounds as exciting to you as it does to us, we look forward to hearing from you.
Note: A portfolio is an essential element of the application for a Design role at Klarna. Applicants who do not supply a link or PDF with samples of their work can unfortunately not be considered.
We recommend you submit your application as soon as possible as selection and interviews are held continually.
We can offer you an international working environment filled with smart and ambitious colleagues. We know that diverse teams are strong teams, so we welcome those from different backgrounds and experiences. As part of one of Europe’s fastest growing companies, you'll help play an important role in taking Klarna to the next level.