Brand Designer / Art director
Who we are
Klarna’s mission is to free people from all the meaningless time spent managing money and purchases, so they can do more of what they love. Every day at Klarna we help consumers, merchants, and partners to explore just how smoooth the modern purchase experience can be. Our position at the crossroads of payments, consumer financing, ecommerce and banking means we are uniquely positioned to do this. There is no label for what we do.
Klarna was born in Stockholm in 2005 and today has 2000 employees working across Europe and the US. We currently serve 60 million consumers, work together with 90,000 merchants and process more than a million payment transactions a day. We are growing at 40% year on year and our investors include Visa, Atomico, Sequoia Capital, Permira and Bestseller group/ Anders Holsch Povlsen. We have strong partnerships with some of the world’s leading brands, such as ASOS, IKEA, Adidas, Zara, Lufthansa and Spotify.
To find out more about what it's like to work at Klarna: klarna.com/careers
At Klarna we have been working tirelessly to simplify buying for over 10 years. Our journey has taken us from a Swedish payments company to a global player that influences the biggest brands out there. Since we aim to build the best products in the world and a world famous lifestyle brand, we are excited to welcome new team members who share our ambition to be consistently amazing.
For our Brand Design HQ team based in Stockholm, Klarna is looking for talented designers with a passion for delivering visually ground-breaking work and who are committed to fostering cutting-edge, aesthetic quality across all touch points.
What you will do
Brand designers at Klarna are fundamental players in the strategy, conception and design of beautiful and meaningful ideas and products. Bringing exceptional creative thought and well-crafted execution, the designers shapes innovative brand experiences and possess broad, up-to-date knowledge of the most innovative communication trends. We pride ourselves on making each project as cool as it can be, and we throw in a bunch of fun while doing it.
Who you are
- Klarna is looking for ambitious people with significant drive! You should be passionate about your job and enjoy a fast paced international working environment. You will play an important role in taking Klarna to the next level thus, you should desire to go above and beyond to produce best work results! At Klarna we embrace change, you should dare to challenge the status quo and be persistent.
- Lead projects into original and unexpected creative solutions, collaborating with marketing- and product managers, product designers and copywriters to challenge the state-of-art and create the most compelling and successful design possible
- Lead the conception, creation, execution, documentation and refinement of the Brand Identity System in a digital brand book
- Take responsibility for the quality and execution of design throughout all phases of a project across a broad range of digital and physical touch points
- Direct designers, video makers, 3d-artists, photographers, illustrators to deliver unique and on brand experiences using creative- or production briefs.
- Work with different teams and partners in setting the right tones in our different communication channels.
- Facilitate feedback from different teams while ensuring relevant feedback is captured, properly validated, and implemented.
You should have
- 5+ years of proven experience working with design that demonstrates an exceptional creativity and attention to detail, spanning across all media types and consumer touch-points.
- Your understanding of branding and brand expressions allows you to interpret, re-imagine and extend existing brand design systems, as well as imagine, visualize and systematise a new brand.
- Strong conceptual and broad visionary thinking, yet you are naturally well organised and care about the details.
- Comfortable in juggling many tasks without losing sight of the highest priority items. Ability to stay focused under pressure, prioritizing and managing multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- An excellent control of all visual design components. You are an expert in typography and you master grid systems as well as color and composition.
- You don’t wait for briefs, you look at unchartered territories and are able to come up with stunning design concepts to move forward with, and to articulate the opportunity to top-level stakeholders.
- You’re passionate about creating and documenting solid, scalable design systems that can be utilized by other designers, both colleagues and external partners.
We see as a plus:
- Experience in mentoring and managing junior designers;
- You think of your design in motion and are able to prototype animations and transitions;
- Curious, passionate, driven and ambitious;
- Embrace challenges and inspire new ways of thinking;
- Exceptional English skills in written and oral communication;
- Experience working in e-commerce.
We offer you a diversely international working environment filled with talented, creative and intelligent colleagues. As part of the Brand domain you will be working alongside other designers, copywriters, product marketeers, marketing managers, pr specialists, etc as well as with the product design team and engineering teams. As an employee at one of the fastest growing companies in online payments and e-commerce world wide, you will play an important role in taking Klarna to the next level. If this sounds as exciting to you as it does to us, we look forward to hearing from you.
Note: A portfolio is an essential element of the application for a Design role at Klarna. Applicants who do not supply a link or PDF with samples of their work can unfortunately not be considered.
We recommend you submit your application as soon as possible as selection and interviews are held continually.
We can offer you an international working environment filled with smart and ambitious colleagues. We know that diverse teams are strong teams, so we welcome those from different backgrounds and experiences. As part of one of Europe’s fastest growing companies, you'll help play an important role in taking Klarna to the next level.