Credit Analytics Manager
New York City, United States /
Klarna was founded in Stockholm, Sweden in 2005. Since then we've changed the banking industry forever. And now we're creating the world's smoothest shopping experience. We serve over 90 million consumers worldwide, and partner with 250,000 merchants – with a new merchant joining us every 8 minutes. Including some of the world's leading brands, such as H&M, ASOS, IKEA, Adidas, Samsung and Lufthansa. Our offices are spread over 17 different markets, hosted by 4000+ employees from 100+ nationalities.
We’re looking for an ambitious Credit Analytics Manager to work within our New York analytics team. This role is for an experienced risk professional who is passionate about fintech. Candidates can expect to leverage their existing quantitative skills in a fast paced, high growth, and innovative environment where they will have ownership and autonomy over the problems they solve.
What you'll do:
- Make optimizations to consumer credit limit and cut off strategy -- at times building new strategies from scratch
- Build models to separate risk and improve profitability
- Create new risk variables to more effectively categorize customers and their behavior
- Manipulate very large data sets and build data pipelines to enable your analysis
- Drive cross-functional initiatives to improve Klarna’s US risk strategy with data science, product, and engineering across Klarna’s Berlin and Stockholm offices
What we look for:
- 4-8 years in credit risk strategy: preferably in consumer lending and with experience in financial technology. Experienced in PD modelling, line strategy setting, and building effective rules to separate risk.
- Experience in working with credit bureaus and data furnishers: obtaining variables, parsing data, performing retrospective analysis, building models
- Strong quantitative skill set: expert ability in SQL, experience building models and performing analysis in Python / R. Programming skills in Java are preferred but not required.
- Best practice knowledge in credit risk: strong understanding of the full lifecycle from origination to debt collection -- participated in envisioning and building credit policies from scratch.
Klarna is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and candidates. Please refrain from including your picture and age with your application.