Legal Counsel/Senior Legal Counsel
Stockholm, Sweden /
Klarna was founded in Stockholm, Sweden in 2005. Since then we've changed the banking industry forever. And now we're creating the world's smoothest shopping experience. We serve over 90 million consumers worldwide, and partner with 250,000 merchants – with a new merchant joining us every 8 minutes. Including some of the world's leading brands, such as H&M, ASOS, IKEA, Adidas, Samsung and Lufthansa. Our offices are spread over 17 different markets, hosted by 4000+ employees from 100+ nationalities.
Klarna strives to become the world’s favourite way to buy, and you can contribute to reaching this goal! We are looking to hire great people, who are passionate about using their talents to generate success. Our Legal team is no exception! We are currently looking to grow our Global Legal Domain to satisfy the company’s ever increasing need for legal innovation in all parts of the business, covering commercial, consumer, corporate, regulatory and privacy law. This is an opportunity to join a team of award winning lawyers and rising stars acknowledged in prominent forums such as Legal 500 and Chambers GC Influencer.
What you will do
Depending on which team you join, you will handle legal matters for multiple jurisdictions relating to various matters, including consumers, partners and authorities. Your main task is to be the best problem solver in the world and drive legal innovation forward! You will be expected to merge stakeholders expectations and legal requirements into a simple and innovative product, process or contract. Teamwork and a multi-jurisdictional mindset will be part of your daily routine.
- Be tasked of running the legal part of exciting product development projects
- Advise on M&A, privacy or regulatory requirements within payments and consumer credit law
- Support in developing new products and partnerships
- Advise on legal requirements in general as well as review and draft commercial contracts.
Who you are
- Klarna is looking for ambitious people with significant drive! You should be passionate about your job and enjoy a fast paced international working environment. You will play an important role in taking Klarna to the next level thus, you should desire to go above and beyond to produce best work results! At Klarna we embrace change, you should dare to challenge the status quo and be persistent.
You should have
- Previous professional experience as a lawyer, preferably from a well renowned law firm, the financial sector, telecom or the IT industry
- Solid interest in the disruptive payment industry and a willingness to learn rather than focus in a specific area of law
- Proven ability to problem solve in a global environment
- Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English
You might also have
- Excellent people skills and you are a true star when it comes to stakeholder management
- Strong business understanding
- Passion for problem solving and driving change by using innovative solutions
- The capability of prioritising conflicting demands and handling multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast paced environment
How to apply
Send over a CV and cover letter in English.
Klarna is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and candidates. Please refrain from including your picture and age with your application.