PR & Marketing Communications Manager - Sweden
Who we are
Klarna’s mission is to free people from all the meaningless time spent managing money and purchases, so they can do more of what they love. Every day at Klarna we help consumers, merchants, and partners to explore just how smoooth the modern purchase experience can be. Our position at the crossroads of payments, consumer financing, ecommerce and banking means we are uniquely positioned to do this. There is no label for what we do.
Klarna was born in Stockholm in 2005 and today has 2500 employees working across Europe and the US. We currently serve 60 million consumers, work together with 130,000 merchants and process more than a million payment transactions a day. We are growing at 40% year on year and our investors include Visa, Atomico, Sequoia Capital, Permira and Bestseller group/ Anders Holch Povlsen. We have strong partnerships with some of the world’s leading brands, such as ASOS, IKEA, Adidas, Zara, Lufthansa and Spotify.
To find out more about what it's like to work at Klarna: klarna.com/careers
We are looking for someone who can help develop further our PR & communications strategy in Sweden. The Klarna marketing and communications team is a driven, creative and passionate group of people focused on making Klarna a global brand and loved by consumers and merchants. We are dedicated and enthusiastic professionals who love being part of the growth journey of one of the most exciting and fastest growing companies in payments and retail right now.
- Be part of building and implementing creative communication strategies and activities in the Swedish market, working closely with Swedish marketing.
- You will move between consumer audiences, retail partners, global and local brand campaigns. Support the development of communication campaigns, events and stories that convey the Klarna message in the most effective way in the Swedish market.
- Keep our communications in the market on message, pointed at our target market, and sharp enough to cut through the noise.
- Identify marketing PR-opportunities pro-actively and execute when needed; PR pitch, content, storytelling etc. Deliver high-quality written materials reflecting the Klarna story, including press releases, blogs, editorials, infographics etc.
- Together with our agency and other team members, develop, pitch and place Klarna stories in top-tier media channels.
- Support on the development of merchant/partner case studies and wins, ensuring their stories are told into campaigns, news announcements, and other activities.
- Understand the value of social/digital media to advance Klarna’s business and communications goals.
Who you are
- Be passionate about your job and enjoy a fast-paced working environment.
- You are customer obsessed, proactive by nature, can move between high strategy and small details, relish problem-solving, want the ability to think creatively and love the satisfaction of awesome execution.
- You love to challenge the status quo, can quickly adapt to change and have the ability to prioritize your work.
- You like working in a team and while you let others shine, you know what it takes for the teams to deliver.
- Stellar communication skills and ‘always on’ mindset.
- Minimum 5 years experience as a PR professional preferably in a high-growth and/or retail/Ecommerce or agency environment.
- Experience/relationships with, and some knowledge of how to work with consumer, retail trade and lifestyle media.
- You pride yourself in being creative and know how to build awareness and love working with a strong brand.
- Experience collaborating with cross-functional teams but also working with external partners preferable.
- Proven abilities to plan and execute on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Previously worked with external agencies to create concepts and campaigns would be a plus.
Please provide us with
- Writing samples are always welcome
- Any information you think would be most useful for us in understanding your background and accomplishments
We can offer you an international working environment filled with smart and ambitious colleagues. We know that diverse teams are strong teams, so we welcome those from different backgrounds and experiences. As part of one of Europe’s fastest growing companies, you'll help play an important role in taking Klarna to the next level.