Senior Risk Analyst
Who we are
Klarna’s mission is to free people from all the meaningless time spent managing money and purchases, so they can do more of what they love. Every day at Klarna we help consumers, merchants, and partners to explore just how smoooth the modern purchase experience can be. Our position at the crossroads of payments, consumer financing, ecommerce and banking means we are uniquely positioned to do this. There is no label for what we do.
Klarna was born in Stockholm in 2005 and today has 2000 employees working across Europe and the US. We currently serve 60 million consumers, work together with 90,000 merchants and process more than a million payment transactions a day. We are growing at 40% year on year and our investors include Visa, Atomico, Sequoia Capital, Permira and Bestseller group/ Anders Holsch Povlsen. We have strong partnerships with some of the world’s leading brands, such as ASOS, IKEA, Adidas, Zara, Lufthansa and Spotify.
To find out more about what it's like to work at Klarna: klarna.com/careers
Today, we are looking for a talented individual to act as the single point of contact for all risk control related topics within the entire DACH region and operating as intermediary between all relevant departments such as compliance, underwriting, fraud and senior management. Reporting to the Group Chief Risk Officer, with very close ties to the local Managing Directors of BillPay GmbH and Sofort GmbH.
Local risk management BillPay GmbH and Sofort GmbH responsibility:
- Owner of local governing documents and link to group documents
- Support local business in adherence to group risk management processes (incident reporting, risk assessment and internal control, BCM activities) in close cooperation with central team
End-to-end responsibility for Quarterly Risk Reporting within BillPay GmbH and Sofort GmbH:
- Propose description of key risk areas and its respective measures taken
- Collection, visualisation of key financial risk and performance data, such as credit, fraud, liquidity and/or operational risk figures
- Collect reporting on breach management incidents by various stakeholders
- Performing Risk bearing capacity and scenario analysis on a regular basis
Single point of contact responsibility for Internal Audit on BillPay GmbH, Sofort GmbH, Klarna GmbH and Klarna AB for all DACH-specific topics:
- Planning and alignment of audit plan, budgeting and communication with Internal Auditors
- Review and challenge the content of uploaded documentation by respective BillPay, Sofort and/or Klarna teams of Audit reviews
- Review, challenge and sign-off audit reports with respective teams, respective Managing Directors, Group RC/Compliance and auditors
- Track all audit findings and ensure appropriate implementation to agreed findings within the respective Sofort, Klarna and/or BillPay teams within provided timeline
Who you are:
- University degree, preferably in Finance, Economics and/or Management
- 4-5 years relevant work experience in project and process management with a focus on regulatory and/or auditing work
- Thorough knowhow of the DACH regulatory environment for BaFin-licenced (ZAG-license) entities, especially KWG and MA-Risk
- Strong risk management experience, including; performing risk assessments and audits, designing controls, managing enterprise control frameworks, and prioritizing risk
- Affinity to FinTech an advantage
- Excellent project management, organization skills and the ability to deliver against deadlines
- Ability to manage stakeholders, with direct reporting line to Senior Management
- German and English fluency a strong requirement
- Position can be based in Munich or Berlin, with some travel requirements
Please send us a CV in this application and we will come back to you as soon as possible if we find your profile relevant for the role.
We can offer you an international working environment filled with smart and ambitious colleagues. We know that diverse teams are strong teams, so we welcome those from different backgrounds and experiences. As part of one of Europe’s fastest growing companies, you'll help play an important role in taking Klarna to the next level.