Service Specialist - Fraud Detection (Part-time)
Klarna’s mission is to free people from all the meaningless time spent managing money and purchases, so they can do more of what they love. Every day at Klarna we help consumers, merchants, and partners to explore just how smoooth the modern purchase experience can be. Our position at the crossroads of payments, consumer financing, ecommerce and banking means we are uniquely positioned to do this. There is no label for what we do.
Klarna was born in Stockholm in 2005 and today has 2500 employees working across Europe and the US. We currently serve 60 million consumers, work together with 130,000 merchants and process more than a million payment transactions a day. We're growing at 40% every year and our investors include Visa, Atomico, Sequoia Capital, Permira and Bestseller group/ Anders Holch Povlsen. We have strong partnerships with some of the world’s leading brands, such as ASOS, IKEA, Adidas, Zara, Lufthansa and Spotify.
Are you an analytical person with great talent who is looking for a challenging employment with a technical touch? Do you want to be a key player, ensuring that we stop fraud at the door? Perfect – then you should join our Fraud Detection Team!
Fraud Detection is part of inscourced Operation Services, which acts as an internal insourcing department.
Klarna strives to have customers shop anywhere, anytime with minimal hassle, which requires a sound understanding of each individual customer – this is where you come in.
What you will be doing
As a Service Specialist for Fraud Detection, you will be performing reviews and investigations of high risk customers and transactions for most of Klarna’s markets and products. You will identify, prevent and monitor high risk transactions in relation to fraud. You will become an expert in using our methodology and tools to detect payment fraud and credit abusive behaviours. You will work individually and with the team to identify patterns in user behaviour.
Your will performing operational tasks such as:
- Daily reviewing of suspicious transactions, hit by high risk scenarios and alarms, and decide on the follow up actions.
- Perform weekly root cause analysis, regarding unpaid transactions.
- Suggest improvements to monitoring processes and review/investigation routines to improve detection.
You will work in a cross functional team and in close collaboration with the Fraud Loss Recovery and Fraud Prevention teams.
Part Time Work Arrangement
The part time employment implies working mainly on weekends and holidays as required.
Minimum working hours: 40 hours per month, that can potentially increase based on holidays and forecasted workload.
We are looking for an analytical individual with great talent who is looking for a challenging job with a technical touch. We place great importance on how well you fit into the organization, analytical skills, detail orientation and your technical interest. This is more important than what you have done before!
- Have an interest in learning how to process large sets of information and are not afraid of numbers
- Have analytic skills
- Have a technical interest
- Speak and write good English
- Enjoy to work in a high pace operational environment
In order to be successful in this role we believe that you will have:
- A strong ability to process large sets of information and detect anomalies
- A structured and accurate way of working
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- A strong drive and enjoy working in a high pace operational environment
Be aware that we are not able to offer relocation support for this position.