Business Development Associate
New York City, NY, United States /
Business Development /
On our path to becoming the world’s favorite way to shop, we’re assembling an unparalleled global talent network, accelerating individual careers, and disrupting entire industries. We are on a mission to liberate humanity from all the meaningless time spent managing their purchases and finances, so they can do more of what they love. We’re in search of global talent eager to embrace our atmosphere and defy their own expectations.
In this role, you will be responsible for researching our target companies in North America and identifying the key stakeholder roles we should engage with. You will also help the sales teams in building their pipeline by identifying new leads to reach out to. You will present your work to the local business development leadership on a regular basis and help our sales teams enter negotiations quicker. You will lay the foundation for Klarna’s most important deals and partnerships. This is a crucially important role to our company and you will therefore work closely with the senior commercial teams and Klarna’s C-level executives.
As you will be gaining a deep understanding of how Klarna’s go-to-market organization operates, there is a great opportunity to grow into a sales, partner success or sales operations / enablement role as a next step in your career!
Who You Are:
- Someone with great attention to detail
- Ambitious and shows significant drive in everything you do
- Passionate about your job and enjoys a fast paced, international working environment
- Always desires to go above and beyond to produce the best results!
- Someone who dares to challenge the status quo and be persistent
- Proactive by nature and comes up with new thinking and ideation that adds value and innovation to your team
- Someone with a strong ability to prioritise your work effectively in line with your targets
- A team player who is highly dependable
- Someone who is comfortable with change and can easily adapt to and embrace new tasks and challenges. We promise, you will not be bored.
- Someone who has an exceptionally sales oriented mindset
You Should Have:
- 1-3 years of experience in a sales or sales support related role
- Experience using Salesforce, Excel/Sheets, Google drive and LinkedIn Sales Navigator highly preferred
- Experience working in e-commerce highly preferred
$82,000-104,000 In addition to the posted salary range, there are additional components to Klarna’s compensation package.
What we offer:
Diversity & Community
With our diversity of skills, perspectives and backgrounds, we can create, innovate, and disrupt like no other. Diversity is part of who we are, and essential to our success.
Ownership & Impact
Here, every voice matters. We’re organized into hundreds of small teams, each run like a start-up, focused on their own problem-space.
Trust & Collaboration
Successes and failures are won together at Klarna in a melting pot of teams. Win, lose, and learn, we’re on this path together.
If you love what you do, you should love where you do it. We appreciate that everyone’s different and has their own preferences of where and how to work. We genuinely believe in the power of regular face-to-face interactions in building close connections with our teams, but we also strongly believe people can work effectively remotely. This means that combining both is the key to success.
At Klarna, You can choose between working from the office, remotely within your employment country, or even outside of it for up to 20 working days per year. Flex it up!
Challenges & Rewards
We take a very Swedish approach to benefits. Support for parents, health and wellness perks—we’ve got you covered.
Since 2005 Klarna has been on a mission to revolutionize the retail banking industry. With over 150 million global active users and 2 million transactions per day, Klarna is meeting the changing demands of consumers by saving them time and money while helping them be informed and in control. Over 450,000 global retail partners, including H&M, Saks, Sephora, Macys, IKEA, Expedia Group, and Nike have integrated Klarna's innovative technology to deliver a seamless shopping experience online and in-store. Klarna has over 6,000 employees and is active in 45 markets. For more information, visit Klarna.com
It is our commitment that every qualified person will be evaluated according to skills regardless of age, gender, identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability status or religion. Please refrain from including your picture and age with the application.