Organisational Development (various levels)
Klarna’s mission is to free people from all the meaningless time spent managing money and purchases, so they can do more of what they love. Every day at Klarna we help consumers, merchants, and partners to explore just how smoooth the modern purchase experience can be. Our position at the crossroads of payments, consumer financing, ecommerce and banking means we are uniquely positioned to do this. There is no label for what we do.
Klarna was born in Stockholm in 2005 and today has 2500 employees working across Europe and the US. We currently serve 60 million consumers, work together with 130,000 merchants and process more than a million payment transactions a day. We're growing at 40% every year and our investors include Visa, Atomico, Sequoia Capital, Permira and Bestseller group/ Anders Holch Povlsen. We have strong partnerships with some of the world’s leading brands, such as ASOS, IKEA, Adidas, Zara, Lufthansa and Spotify.
Who you are
We are looking for people from a broad range of backgrounds: project management, events, consulting, project management, HR, analytics and others, but now wanting to move into more organisational development initiatives.
You have probably found yourself thinking about the human side of things - how people react to change or which CRM system will cause the least frustration among end users. You might even have pondered things like how to make your organisation’s hiring generate a wider range of diverse candidates, or thought long and hard about the optimal conditions for team performance. You have probably spent an unreasonable amount of time thinking about the perfect way to structure an organisation that optimises for both speed AND quality.
You see problems as opportunities and take the initiative to make changes and improvements. You are passionate about your job and enjoy a fast paced international working environment. You will play an important role in taking Klarna to the next level - thus, you should desire to go above and beyond to deliver and grow as an individual.
What you will do
Org development is all about enabling the organisation’s people and leadership capabilities to drive productivity and performance. Using our expertise in organisational behaviour and motivation we analyse how people, teams, or whole parts of the organisation, can be optimised to achieve results. We have a deep understanding of how the organisation operates and continually identify new challenges and design tools and solutions to meet them. We link the people with the numbers in order to drive performance and support a world-leading business to further success.
We promise fast pace, challenging problems, and collaboration with many brilliant colleagues. You might work independently, in a team or you can be called upon from time to time for different assignments around Klarna. Be ready for change, be ready to learn and be ready to challenge an organisation to excel.
As your career develops you will develop expertise in certain areas. However, there are a number of core skills shared by all Org Developers at Klarna:
- Understanding organisational behaviour and motivation including individual- and team performance and dynamics
- Using tech to enhance productivity of both people and processes to make our employee experience smoooth
- Utilising a product development approach for our solutions and offerings towards Klarna’s employees
- Understanding business in general and Klarna’s in particular, how we operate & our ecosystem
- Designing communication plans and strategies to support changes and ongoing initiatives
You should have:
- A degree from a university. We don’t require any specific subject but Business, Science or Technology is a plus
- Applicable work experience
- Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English.
You might also have one or more of the following:
- A knack for understanding and interpreting people data
- An experimental approach or mindset Broad, international experience working with people related processes
- Great training and presentation skills
- Experience coordinating complex platform and system implementations that significantly affect how people work on a daily basis
- A burning desire to make the organisation better and more smoooth for employees
- Experience with organisation design, organisation transformation and/or operating model design
- A Growth Mindset