Senior Product Designer
Klarna makes shopping smoooth. And we do it with flair because shopping is fun. Every day, we help customers, businesses, and partners explore just how smoooth the modern shopping experience can be.
It means we’re constantly changing the game. Always trying out new things. And we encourage our people to do the same. To grow. To develop. Because we don’t believe roles have to stay fixed. Instead we inspire our people to take an irregular career path. As a company of 350 dynamic start-ups, our whole business is built for it. So once you’re in, there’s no telling what will happen next.
Klarna strives to become the world’s favourite way to buy, and you can contribute to reaching this goal! We are looking to hire great people, who are passionate about using their talents to generate success. We are currently looking for talented Product Designers to help design the future of online purchasing, both in Stockholm and Berlin.
What you will do
Your work will mostly revolve around the design of the next-generation consumer banking experience that gives our customers the freedom of financial empowerment across web and mobile app platforms.
You will work closely with a team of talented designers, engineers and product managers while engaging internal stakeholders and customers to define a long-term strategy. The ideal candidate for this role will be able to translate high-level strategy into great designs.
Your responsibilities will be to:
- Take part in building the vision for banking experience for Klarna and empower the team with your expertise in design strategy and implementation
- Become the right advocate for design in a cross-functional team; transform abstract concepts into meaningful and elegant solutions
- Sketch out rough interactions and interfaces to help define new features and ideas
- Conduct user tests in the markets the product will be used to get input and iterate on the designs and concepts you and the team are working on
- Develop the final look and feel of these products
- Work closely with engineers throughout the entire product cycle; know when to effectively communicate in order to assure high quality in implementation
- Work together with the design team to build a consistent visual language and behavioral patterns across the whole customer journey
- Help shape the design culture at Klarna that will ultimately define every interaction customers have with our products and services
Who you are
- Klarna is looking for ambitious people with significant drive!
- You should be passionate about your job and enjoy a fast paced international working environment.
- You will play an important role in taking Klarna to the next level thus, you should desire to go above and beyond to produce best work results!
- At Klarna we embrace change, you should dare to challenge the status quo and be persistent.
You should have
- A strong track record and understanding of interaction design, visual design and user experience (minimum 5 years of experience)
- The ability to articulate and explain your ideas to other designers, engineers and product managers
- Able to produce visual designs using Sketch
- Familiar with prototyping tools such as Invision, Framer, Principle or Flinto
- Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English
You might also have
- Experience working with Design System workflow (In Abstract)
- Passionate about and/or experience in motion design
- Experience working in fin-tech
How to apply
Send over a CV and portfolio in English
Klarna was founded in Stockholm, Sweden in 2005. Since then, we’ve changed the banking industry forever. And now we’re creating the world’s smooothest shopping experience. We serve 80 million consumers worldwide, and partner with 190,000 merchants – with a new merchant joining us every 8 minutes. Including some of the world’s leading brands, such as H&M, ASOS, IKEA, Adidas, Samsung and Lufthansa. Our offices are spread over 17 different markets, hosted by +2,500 people from 90 nationalities.