Senior Product Designer
Klarna’s mission is to free people from all the meaningless time spent managing money and purchases, so they can do more of what they love. Every day at Klarna we help consumers, merchants, and partners to explore just how smoooth the modern purchase experience can be. Our position at the crossroads of payments, consumer financing, ecommerce and banking means we are uniquely positioned to do this. There is no label for what we do.
Klarna was born in Stockholm in 2005 and today has 2500 employees working across Europe and the US. We currently serve 60 million consumers, work together with 130,000 merchants and process more than a million payment transactions a day. We're growing at 40% every year and our investors include Visa, Atomico, Sequoia Capital, Permira and Bestseller group/ Anders Holch Povlsen. We have strong partnerships with some of the world’s leading brands, such as ASOS, IKEA, Adidas, Zara, Lufthansa and Spotify.
Klarna strives to become the world’s favourite way to buy, and you can contribute to reaching this goal! We are looking to hire great people, who are passionate about using their talents to generate success. We are currently looking for talented Product Designers to help design the future of online purchasing, both in Stockholm and Berlin.
What you will do
Your work will mostly revolve around the design of the next-generation consumer banking experience that gives our customers the freedom of financial empowerment across web and mobile app platforms.
You will work closely with a team of talented designers, engineers and product managers while engaging internal stakeholders and customers to define a long-term strategy. The ideal candidate for this role will be able to translate high-level strategy into great designs.
Your responsibilities will be to:
- Take part in building the vision for banking experience for Klarna and empower the team with your expertise in design strategy and implementation
- Become the right advocate for design in a cross-functional team; transform abstract concepts into meaningful and elegant solutions
- Sketch out rough interactions and interfaces to help define new features and ideas
- Conduct user tests in the markets the product will be used to get input and iterate on the designs and concepts you and the team are working on
- Develop the final look and feel of these products
- Work closely with engineers throughout the entire product cycle; know when to effectively communicate in order to assure high quality in implementation
- Work together with the design team to build a consistent visual language and behavioral patterns across the whole customer journey
- Help shape the design culture at Klarna that will ultimately define every interaction customers have with our products and services
Who you are
- Klarna is looking for ambitious people with significant drive!
- You should be passionate about your job and enjoy a fast paced international working environment.
- You will play an important role in taking Klarna to the next level thus, you should desire to go above and beyond to produce best work results!
- At Klarna we embrace change, you should dare to challenge the status quo and be persistent.
You should have
- A strong track record and understanding of interaction design, visual design and user experience (minimum 5 years of experience)
- The ability to articulate and explain your ideas to other designers, engineers and product managers
- Able to produce visual designs using Sketch
- Familiar with prototyping tools such as Invision, Framer, Principle or Flinto
- Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English
You might also have
- Experience working with Design System workflow (In Abstract)
- Passionate about and/or experience in motion design
- Experience working in fin-tech
How to apply
Send over a CV and portfolio in English