Fraud Analyst (Junior to Senior Manager roles available)
Who we are
Klarna’s mission is to free people from all the meaningless time spent managing money and purchases, so they can do more of what they love. Every day at Klarna we help consumers, merchants, and partners to explore just how smoooth the modern purchase experience can be. Our position at the crossroads of payments, consumer financing, ecommerce and banking means we are uniquely positioned to do this. There is no label for what we do.
Klarna was born in Stockholm in 2005 and today has 2000 employees working across Europe and the US. We currently serve 60 million consumers, work together with 90,000 merchants and process more than a million payment transactions a day. We are growing at 40% year on year and our investors include Visa, Atomico, Sequoia Capital, Permira and Bestseller group/ Anders Holsch Povlsen. We have strong partnerships with some of the world’s leading brands, such as ASOS, IKEA, Adidas, Zara, Lufthansa and Spotify.
To find out more about what it's like to work at Klarna: klarna.com/careers
Klarna strives to become the world’s favourite way to buy, and you can contribute to reaching this goal! We are looking to hire great people, who are passionate about using their talents to generate success. Analytics is no exception! We are currently looking to grow our Analytics teams to satisfy the company’s ever increasing need for complex problem solving and data driven decision making.
What you will do
Analytics at Klarna is divided into several teams with their unique responsibilities. One of these teams is our Fraud Analytics Team, which focuses on the continuous improvement of our fraud real-time decisioning for every transaction processed by Klarna. E-Commerce is changing quickly and so do the patterns of fraud. Our Analysts aim to identify these patterns with the help of manual and automated tools to protect our business, merchants and consumers from any fraud related losses and risks.
- Identify trends and patterns in the behavior of online payment based fraud
- Communicate and involve stakeholders to respond to any fraud related incidents as the first touchpoint for Legal, Finance, Engineering, Data Science and other partners
- Work closely with Data Scientists to evolve fraud pattern models that are translated into readable algorithms for machines
- Take the lead for data analysis and management and ensure that project and objective focuses actions are taken on time
- Actively define processes, guidelines and tools that help us reduce fraud now and in future
- Work with manual and automated tools for deep insights and understanding of historical data
- Develop and implement automated fraud detection and real-time decisioning strategies
- Act as a trainer and consultant for our internal and external stakeholders
Who you are
- Klarna is looking for ambitious people with significant drive! You should be passionate about your job and enjoy a fast paced international working environment. You will play an important role in taking Klarna to the next level thus, you should desire to go above and beyond to produce best work results! At Klarna we embrace change, you should dare to challenge the status quo and be persistent.
- We have roles fit for either someone starting their career or ready to lead teams as a senior manager.
You should have
- A degree from a university in a numerate subject (e.g. Economics, Science, Engineering, Mathematics)
- Applicable work experience in Analytics with a focus on financial services, ideally fraud
- Strong analytical thinking abilities and a problem solving mindset
- Experience in the entire Analytics lifecycle, from requirements gathering, data extraction, manipulation and analysis to sharing insights and advising on decision making
- Experience of decision systems, including rule/strategy implementation and testing is preferred
- Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English
You might also have
- Strong attention to detail and experience in using structured approaches to problem solving
- Significant drive and ambition
- Strong conceptual ability
- Preferably an understanding for how to perform data extraction and manipulation, as well as programming languages is a plus (SQL, R, Python, MatLab, Java, C# etc…)
How to apply
Send over a CV in English.
We can offer you an international working environment filled with smart and ambitious colleagues. We know that diverse teams are strong teams, so we welcome those from different backgrounds and experiences. As part of one of Europe’s fastest growing companies, you'll help play an important role in taking Klarna to the next level.