Senior Product Designer(s)
Stockholm, Sweden /
Klarna strives to become the world’s favourite way to buy, and you can contribute to reaching this goal! We are looking to hire great people, who are passionate about using their talents to generate success. We are currently looking for talented Product Designers to help design the future of online purchasing, both in Stockholm and Berlin.
What you will do
Your work will mostly revolve around the design of the next generation of the post purchase experience on the web and on the mobile app that our users have with our products - a touchpoint that has quickly become one of the most important ways in which we communicate with our consumers.
You will work closely with a team of talented designers, engineers and product managers while engaging internal stakeholders and customers to define a long-term strategy. The ideal candidate for this role will be able to translate high-level strategy into great designs.
What you will do
- Sketch out rough interactions and interfaces to help define new features and ideas.
- Iterate on these ideas and build clickable prototypes that can be used for internal reviews and user tests
- Conduct user tests in the market the product will be used to get input and iterate on the designs and concepts you and the team work on
- Develop the final look and feel of these products
- Work closely with engineers throughout the implementation stage to ensure a high level of quality in the final product
- Work together with the design team to build a consistent UI and experience across the whole customer journey
- Help shape the design culture at Klarna that will ultimately define every interaction customers have with our products and services
Who you are
- Klarna is looking for ambitious people with significant drive! You should be passionate about your job and enjoy a fast paced international working environment. You will play an important role in taking Klarna to the next level thus, you should desire to go above and beyond to produce best work results! At Klarna we embrace change, you should dare to challenge the status quo and be persistent.
You should have
- A strong understanding of interaction design, visual design and user experience (minimum 5 years of experience)
- Experience designing high quality interfaces and experiences
- The ability to articulate and explain your ideas to other designers, engineers and project managers
- Able to produce visual mockups using Sketch or similar tools
- Familiar with prototyping tools such as Invision, Framer or Flinto
- Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English
You might also have
- Passionate about motion design and transitions
- Exceptional English skills in written and oral communication
- Experience working in e-commerce
- The desire to go above and beyond to produce the best work
How to apply
Send over a CV & Portfolio in English.
We recommend you submit your application as soon as possible as selection and interviews are held continually.
Note: A portfolio is an essential element of the application for a Design role at Klarna. Applicants who do not supply a link or PDF with samples of their work can unfortunately not be considered.
Klarna was founded in Stockholm, Sweden in 2005. Since then, we’ve changed the banking industry forever. And now we’re creating the world’s smooothest shopping experience. We serve over 90 million consumers worldwide, and partner with 200,000 merchants – with a new merchant joining us every 8 minutes. Including some of the world’s leading brands, such as H&M, ASOS, IKEA, Adidas, Samsung and Lufthansa. Our offices are spread over 17 different markets, hosted by +3500 people from 90 nationalities.