Solution Engineer Berlin
Who we are
Klarna’s mission is to free people from all the meaningless time spent managing money and purchases, so they can do more of what they love. Every day at Klarna we help consumers, merchants, and partners to explore just how smoooth the modern purchase experience can be. Our position at the crossroads of payments, consumer financing, ecommerce and banking means we are uniquely positioned to do this. There is no label for what we do.
Klarna was born in Stockholm in 2005 and today has 2000 employees working across Europe and the US. We currently serve 60 million consumers, work together with 90,000 merchants and process more than a million payment transactions a day. We are growing at 40% year on year and our investors include Visa, Atomico, Sequoia Capital, Permira and Bestseller group/ Anders Holsch Povlsen. We have strong partnerships with some of the world’s leading brands, such as ASOS, IKEA, Adidas, Zara, Lufthansa and Spotify.
To find out more about what it's like to work at Klarna: klarna.com/careers
What you will do
As a Solution Engineer you are responsible for defining Klarna product solutions for our biggest merchants and partners based on their needs.
You work closely with the sales team to provide technical product knowledge and support during the sales process. You are a trusted advisor for both internal and external stakeholders and own all of the technical aspects of the pre-sales process as well as delivery of solution proposals to clients. This includes leading product demos and presentations, providing technical input into customer proposals and translating product and business requirements into innovative solutions. When working with partners, you will also own the end to end delivery of all technical integration aspects during the partner.
When a customised solution requires development, the Solution Engineer will be the one to define the needs of the client, architect a solution together with the client and Klarna staff and lead the realisation effort.
Who you are
- Klarna is looking for ambitious people with significant drive! You should be passionate about your job and enjoy a fast paced international working environment. You will play an important role in taking Klarna to the next level thus, you should desire to go above and beyond to produce best work results! At Klarna we embrace change, you should dare to challenge the status quo and be persistent.
- If we called your references, they would confirm that you are able to master new technologies in a short time frame.
You should have
- Minimum 3 years experience in working with and/or implementing web technologies
- Outstanding problem solving ability, eagerness to learn and curiosity
- Adaptable attitude and personality that is ready for continuous change
- Excellent communication skills in verbal and written German
- Excellent communication skills in verbal and written English
You might also have
- 5+ years of relevant work client-facing experience with web technologies, including payments and/or e-commerce
- Experience with current web shop-systems, content-management-systems
- Some sales or account management experience.
You will succeed if you are
- Proud of the way you can communicate complex solutions to both technical and non-technical audiences of senior stakeholders
- Not only good at the tech stuff but can easily present your solutions together with the responsible Account manager to the client
- Enjoy working at a high pace while remaining detail oriented
- Thrive in an environment where you get the opportunity to use your quick and creative mind
- Fuel your success is your enthusiasm and drive, which will help you and your team to deliver great solutions
- Humble and committed person with a desire to always exceed expectations
We value open source, here’s some of our work -https://github.com/klarna
How to apply
Send over a CV or LinkedIn profile in English and let's arrange a chat.
Note working proficiency in both written and verbal German is a mandatory requirement for this role.
Relocation - We can offer full relocation support if you need it.
We know that diverse teams are strong teams, and welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences. Our team includes women, men, mothers, fathers, the self-taught, the college-educated, and people from all over the world.
We can offer you an international working environment filled with smart and ambitious colleagues. We know that diverse teams are strong teams, so we welcome those from different backgrounds and experiences. As part of one of Europe’s fastest growing companies, you'll help play an important role in taking Klarna to the next level.