Marketing Manager (PR / Communications)
Klarna’s mission is to free people from all the meaningless time spent managing money and purchases, so they can do more of what they love. Every day at Klarna we help consumers, merchants, and partners to explore just how smoooth the modern purchase experience can be. Our position at the crossroads of payments, consumer financing, ecommerce and banking means we are uniquely positioned to do this. There is no label for what we do.
Klarna was born in Stockholm in 2005 and today has 2500 employees working across Europe and the US. We currently serve 60 million consumers, work together with 130,000 merchants and process more than a million payment transactions a day. We're growing at 40% every year and our investors include Visa, Atomico, Sequoia Capital, Permira and Bestseller group/ Anders Holch Povlsen. We have strong partnerships with some of the world’s leading brands, such as ASOS, IKEA, Adidas, Zara, Lufthansa and Spotify.
Klarna is looking for a strong communicator who combines creativity and business acumen in order to elevate Klarna’s brand equity across different channels. The role requires developing a deep understanding of the Klarna brand, its products and target customers in order to develop the right messaging and buzz in the media. The successful candidate will work closely with other team members and global marketing & communications teams to support brand awareness and preference.
We are on a mission to liberate humanity from all the meaningless time people spend managing their money – so they have more time for what they love. That is why we are hell-bent on exploring just how smoooth the modern shopping experience can be. There is no label for what we do, because no one has ever built what we will. If you are unreasonable enough to think you can change the world, now is the time to join our mission and explore what the future might hold.
What you will do
- Create compelling ideas, stories and messaging which cut through the noise in the media, stand out and raise Klarna’s brand awareness in Germany, Austria and Switzerland
- Become an expert of the Klarna consumer and his/her shopping journey in order to launch creative & effective communication measures across various channels (owned & earned)
- Utilise social/digital media to advance Klarna’s business and communications goals
- Adapt global and run local campaigns - orchestrate, optimize and report them cross channel
Who you are
- Native speaking German
- You have 4+ years experience in Consumer PR from a major tech company, media outlet or publisher or a public relations & communications agency
- You are a seasoned communicator who understands how to create a buzz in the media and loves to build exciting PR stunts
- You have a profound talent of making complex things easy for everyone to understand
- You have exceptional creative, problem solving and strategic thinking ability
- You know how to utilize your critical thinking, analytical and quantitative skills
- You enjoy creating compelling & engaging message
- You are ruthless in delivering results on time and with the highest standards
- You are always curious about new trends and passionate about understanding the potential it can bring
How to apply
Send us your CV in English