(Senior) Fraud Analyst
New York City, NY, United States /
On our path to becoming the world’s favorite way to shop, we’re assembling an unparalleled global talent network, accelerating individual careers, and disrupting entire industries. We are on a mission to liberate humanity from all the meaningless time spent managing their purchases and finances, so they can do more of what they love. We’re in search of global talent eager to embrace our atmosphere and defy their own expectations.”
Since 2005 Klarna has been on a mission to revolutionize the retail banking industry. With over 150 million global active users and 2 million transactions per day, Klarna is meeting the changing demands of consumers by saving them time and money while helping them be informed and in control. Over 450,000 global retail partners, including H&M, Saks, Sephora, Macys, IKEA, Expedia Group, and Nike have integrated Klarna's innovative technology to deliver a seamless shopping experience online and in-store. Klarna has over 5,000 employees and is active in 45 markets.
Analytics at Klarna is divided into several teams with their unique responsibilities. One of these teams is our Fraud Analytics Team, which focuses on the continuous improvement of our fraud real-time decisioning for every transaction processed by Klarna. E-Commerce is changing quickly and so do the patterns of fraud. We are looking for a number of analysts at varying levels to join our team! Our Analysts aim to identify these patterns with the help of various tools to protect our business, merchants and consumers from any fraud related losses and risks.
- Use statistical analysis tools and techniques to develop automated fraud detection and real-time decisioning strategies
- Collaborate with Data Scientists to build and implement fraud pattern models
- Work with other teams across the business (particularly Engineering, Product and Commercial) to devise robust fraud strategies for new products and markets
- Create, test and monitor new fraud tools and strategies from scratch
- Work on proof of concepts involving new technologies and proactively seek out vendor and internal solutions to fraud problems
- Ensure metrics and strategies are fit for purpose in terms of the current fraud environment and emerging threats
- Work closely with the investigations team to understand threats and develop mitigations
- Communicate and involve stakeholders to respond to any fraud related incidents as the first touchpoint for Legal, Finance, Engineering, Data Science and other partners
- A degree from a university in a numerate subject (e.g. Economics, Science, Engineering, Mathematics)
- Exceptional analytical thinking abilities, decision making and problem solving skills
- Strong proficiency in SQL with the ability to analyse large quantities of data using statistical analysis tools such as Python or R
- Experience in the entire Analytics lifecycle, from requirements gathering, data extraction, manipulation and analysis to sharing insights and advising on decision making
- Excellent track record in optimizing business performance and identifying gaps in business strategy, with a focus on financial services, ideally fraud
- Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English
- Fantastic stakeholder management skills
- Passion for learning about Fraud
Please send us a CV in English for this application and we will come back to you as soon as possible if we find your profile relevant for the role.
What we offer:
Diversity & Community
With our diversity of skills, perspectives and backgrounds, we can create, innovate, and disrupt like no other. Diversity is part of who we are, and essential to our success.
Ownership & Impact
Here, every voice matters. We’re organized into hundreds of small teams, each run like a start-up, focused on their own problem-space.
Trust & Collaboration
Successes and failures are won together at Klarna in a melting pot of teams. Win, lose, and learn, we’re on this path together.
If you love what you do, you should love where you do it. We appreciate that everyone’s different and has their own preferences of where and how to work. We genuinely believe in the power of regular face-to-face interactions in building close connections with our teams, but we also strongly believe people can work effectively remotely. This means that combining both is the key to success.
At Klarna, You can choose between working from the office, remotely within your employment country, or even outside of it for up to 20 working days per year. Flex it up!
Additionally, we’re providing each Klarnaut with a contribution and equipment to improve this flexible work life. Use it to glow up that personal home office space, or upgrade those work accessories.
Challenges & Rewards
We take a very Swedish approach to benefits. Support for parents, health and wellness perks—we’ve got you covered.
Since 2005 Klarna has been on a mission to revolutionize the retail banking industry. With over 150 million global active users and 2 million transactions per day, Klarna is meeting the changing demands of consumers by saving them time and money while helping them be informed and in control. Over 450,000 global retail partners, including H&M, Saks, Sephora, Macys, IKEA, Expedia Group, and Nike have integrated Klarna's innovative technology to deliver a seamless shopping experience online and in-store. Klarna has over 5,000 employees and is active in 45 markets. For more information, visit Klarna.com
It is our commitment that every qualified person will be evaluated according to skills regardless of age, gender, identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability status or religion. Please refrain from including your picture and age with the application.