Public Relations Manager
New York, United States
Who we are
Klarna’s mission is to free people from all the meaningless time spent managing money and purchases, so they can do more of what they love. Every day at Klarna we help consumers, merchants, and partners to explore just how smoooth the modern purchase experience can be. Our position at the crossroads of payments, consumer financing, ecommerce and banking means we are uniquely positioned to do this. There is no label for what we do.
Klarna was born in Stockholm in 2005 and today has 2500 employees working across Europe and the US. We currently serve 60 million consumers, work together with 130,000 merchants and process more than a million payment transactions a day. We are growing at 40% year on year and our investors include Visa, Atomico, Sequoia Capital, Permira and Bestseller group/ Anders Holsch Povlsen. We have strong partnerships with some of the world’s leading brands, such as ASOS, IKEA, Adidas, Zara, Lufthansa and Spotify.
To find out more about what it's like to work at Klarna: klarna.com/careers
Every day at Klarna we help consumers, merchants and partners explore just how smoooth the modern purchase experience can become. Our position at the crossroads of retail, payments and banking means we are uniquely positioned to do this.
About the role.
- Manage the planning and implementation of media and communication strategies and activities in the US market. You will move between retail trade and consumer audiences and corporate communication contexts.
- Keep our communications in the region on message, pointed at our target market, and sharp enough to cut through the noise.
- Drive the development of creative communication campaigns, events and stories that convey the Klarna message in the best way.
- Deliver high-quality written materials reflecting the Klarna narrative, including press releases, blogs, editorials, infographics etc.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with media and thought leaders in the market.
- Together with our agency develop, pitch and place Klarna stories in top-tier media channels.
- Develop further the Klarna point of view on relevant local issues and our profile as a thought leader.
- Work together with internal spokespeople to develop their external platform and messaging through interviews, op-eds and speaking engagements.
- Support with the development of merchant/partner case studies and wins, ensuring their stories are told into campaigns, news announcements, and other activities.
- Coordinate with the partnership team to support announcements, program updates, and more.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Minimum 8 years experience as a Communications professional preferably in a high-growth and/or retail/e-commerce environment.
- Stellar communication skills and ‘always on’ mindset.
- Experience/relationships with, and knowledge of, fashion, retail trade and consumer media.
- Strong track record of creative storytelling, proactive press outreach, and building relationships with journalists and stakeholders.
- Experience collaborating with cross-functional teams but also working with external partners preferable. Proven ability to plan and execute multiple projects simultaneously.
- Experience working with senior executives.
- Previously worked with external agencies to create concepts and campaigns would be a plus.
To apply, please send over your CV/resume as well as a writing sample and any other relevant material to understand your background and accomplishments.
We can offer you an international working environment filled with smart and ambitious colleagues. We know that diverse teams are strong teams, so we welcome those from different backgrounds and experiences. As part of one of Europe’s fastest growing companies, you'll help play an important role in taking Klarna to the next level.