Klarna’s mission is to free people from all the meaningless time spent managing money and purchases, so they can do more of what they love. Every day at Klarna we help consumers, merchants, and partners to explore just how smoooth the modern purchase experience can be. Our position at the crossroads of payments, consumer financing, ecommerce and banking means we are uniquely positioned to do this. There is no label for what we do.
Klarna was born in Stockholm in 2005 and today has 2500 employees working across Europe and the US. We currently serve 60 million consumers, work together with 130,000 merchants and process more than a million payment transactions a day. We're growing at 40% every year and our investors include Visa, Atomico, Sequoia Capital, Permira and Bestseller group/ Anders Holch Povlsen. We have strong partnerships with some of the world’s leading brands, such as ASOS, IKEA, Adidas, Zara, Lufthansa and Spotify.
As the Delivery Lead at Klarna you are accountable for driving and delivering our most complex and challenging cross-team engineering initiatives from inception into production.
What you’ll be doing
The role will require working cross-functionally and collaboratively with Engineering, Product, Operations and Infrastructure teams to plan, choreograph and coordinate large software systems with high quality, and at incredible speed. You will know our team’s technologies and dependencies and have their backs by making these transparent across teams. You will have an eagle eye for ensuring dependent teams are not broken by upstream changes.
- Take care of the overall milestone planning, execution, delivery and release of our largest and most complex cross-team engineering initiatives into production
- Coordinate and choreograph delivery across engineering teams and manage to plan
- Identify, diagnose and remove cross-team impediments so teams can deliver
- Provide direction and guidance of scaled agile practices across teams. Negotiate scope and manage trade-offs for delivery and cost/benefit process improvement decisions
- Manage and facilitate cross-team ceremonies (standups, retrospectives, reporting etc)
- Relentlessly focus on improving and maintaining deliveries across teams
- Facilitate a collaborative, open and transparent environment
- Manage progress, risks and issues with teams and stakeholders. Proactively communicate with stakeholders and our community to explain what’s going on
Who we think you are
- You have a strong engineering, product centric and agile background. You can take a holistic view of the architecture and deep dive into technical details, assess what’s really going on and offer guidance and direction to assure delivery and quickly establish credibility and rapport with stakeholders and our most technical teams.
- You have clear, concise and compelling communication skills with the ability to tune your message and hold your ground to resonate with execs, stakeholders or engineers.You will have strong evidence of influence, leadership and delivery across several complex product development initiatives using Agile practices at scale.
You should have
- Several experiences of managing and delivering complex software and challenging cross-team initiatives from inception to production deployment
- A passion and track record in developing outstanding technical teams in fast-paced environments including sustainable improvements to throughput, quality and overall performance.
- Persuasive and compelling communication skills
- Proven ability to influence and persuade stakeholders - indirect management, diplomacy and facilitating compromise
- Highly analytical and data driven
You might also have
- Experience as hands-on technical leader with deep knowledge in Software Engineering, progressive Agile techniques and delivery practices (XP, DevOps, and CD etc)
- Practical and pragmatic experience of applying a variety of Agile techniques in different environments, and at scale
How to apply
Send over a CV in English.