Marketing Manager b2c
Paris, France /
Klarna was founded in Stockholm, Sweden in 2005. Since then we've changed the banking industry forever. And now we're creating the world's smoothest shopping experience. We serve over 90 million consumers worldwide, and partner with 250,000 merchants – with a new merchant joining us every 8 minutes. Including some of the world's leading brands, such as H&M, ASOS, IKEA, Adidas, Samsung and Lufthansa. Our offices are spread over 17 different markets, hosted by 4000+ employees from 100+ nationalities.
Who we are
Klarna makes shopping smooth. And we do it with flair because shopping is fun. Every day, we help customers, businesses, and partners explore just how smooth the modern shopping experience can be. It means we’re constantly changing the game. Always trying out new things. And we encourage our people to do the same. To grow. To develop. Because we don’t believe roles have to stay fixed. Instead, we inspire our people to take an irregular career path. As a company of 350 dynamic start-ups, our whole business is built for it. So once you’re in, there’s no telling what will happen next.
What you will do
This role is about continuing the momentum of building Klarna’s presence in France. As such, your main goal will be to help increase overall awareness and preference of the Klarna brand. You will possess the ability to combine creativity and business acumen in order to elevate Klarna’s brand equity across all relevant channels. You will plan, execute and evaluate all consumer marketing efforts to develop the right marketing messages and campaigns to achieve business success. In this role you will strive to turn complex propositions into simple communication so that our end-users find it easy to understand our Klarna value proposition. You will manage our local consumer facing channel in strong collaboration with the central marketing functions providing consumers the best possible user experience across all touchpoints. The marketer has the gravitas needed to both consult and execute within some of the best marketing organisations in the world. The successful candidate will work closely with other competences such as commercial, product or other marketers globally.
Who you are
- You should be passionate about your job and enjoy a fast-paced international working environment
- You will play an important role in taking Klarna to the next level thus, you should desire to go above and beyond to produce the best work results
- At Klarna we embrace change, you should dare to challenge the status quo and be persistent
- You are proactive by nature and come up with new thinking that adds value and innovation to the work we do
- You enjoy a high pace and can quickly adapt to change and have the ability to prioritise your work effectively according to goals
- You like working in a team and are highly dependable in delivering according to set tasks
- It is important that you are able to embrace the varied nature of the job; you will need to be flexible and take personal ownership of hands-on delivery
You should have
- Minimum 5 years of marketing experience
- A proven track record in delivering stellar consumer marketing communication
- Experience of delivering disruptive, world class brand communication for high profile (lifestyle) brands
- Good understanding of the French media landscape and audience
- Demonstrate business acumen, you are used to navigating business KPIs and how to transform them into marketing initiatives and metrics
- You have consumer centricity at the heart of everything you do
- Experience from working with external agencies or in-house agencies to create concepts and campaigns
- High understanding of different marketing channels, and adapting campaigns for different mediums and target groups
- An understanding of online UX, online marketing principles and strategy
- Ability to navigate a matrix organisation to interact with multiple international teams to achieve goals
- In-depth understanding of the French e-Commerce, retail and/or payments ecosystem, with good connections across the industry is a strong plus
- Experience of working in a fast-paced startup environment, a large company with a strong entrepreneurial culture or a company with a strong brand track record
- A collaborative work style with demonstrated successful interactions with both internal and external parties
- Fluent skills in verbal and written English and French
Klarna is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and candidates. Please refrain from including your picture and age with your application.