Business Development Manager
Stockholm, Sweden /
Business Development /
Klarna was founded in Stockholm, Sweden in 2005. Since then we've changed the banking industry forever. And now we're creating the world's smoothest shopping experience. We serve over 90 million consumers worldwide, and partner with 250,000 merchants – with a new merchant joining us every 8 minutes. Including some of the world's leading brands, such as H&M, ASOS, IKEA, Adidas, Samsung and Lufthansa. Our offices are spread over 17 different markets, hosted by 4000+ employees from 100+ nationalities.
Klarna strives to become the world’s favourite way to buy and we want you to help us reach this goal! We want to hire great people, who are passionate about using their talents to generate success. We are currently looking to grow a few of our Commercial teams in Stockholm to help achieve our mission to challenge the e-commerce industry and become the world's smooothest shopping partner for merchants and customers alike!
What you will do
We have a few teams that are growing at the moment and looking for new colleagues to join us. As part of our Commercial teams, you will work in a dynamic environment to accelerate our business and evolve the go-to market strategy by engaging with our partners, developing our existing accounts or breaking new ground and gaining more market shares and new business opportunities.
Your tasks may include:
- Building and executing joint agreed business plans with partners or merchants to drive mutual growth and success.
- Working closely with internal product and marketing teams at Klarna to drive enablement and lead generation activities.
- Identifying new partnerships or business opportunities, pitch Klarna’s services and negotiate agreements.
- Building great relationships both on an executive, as well as on an individual level.
- Playing an important role in taking Klarna to the next level
Who you are
- An ambitious person with significant drive to build up new business
- An entrepreneurial individual with a “can-do” mindset
- Courageous - Willing to speak up, make decisions, and take calculated risks
- A Detailed Thinker - Passionate and open-minded while meticulous about data and details
- Results-oriented - Able to see beyond their own problem space and dependencies to find solutions
- A challenger- Never misses an opportunity to disrupt the industry and embraces change
- Customer obsessed - Our customers are at the heart of everything we do; their success is our key mission
You should have
- 7+ years of relevant sales, partner or business development experience within E-commerce
- Bachelor's degree in business or other related fields.
- Great presentation and communications skills.
- Proficiency and communication skills in verbal as well as written English and Swedish.
Your personality, motivation and competitive spirit is what matters most. If you have a winner mentality, eager to learn new things to drive great customer, and partner, experiences, we would like to talk to you. You might have experience working in e-commerce or payments, but it is not a must. MBA or other applicable graduate degree is also beneficial.
How to apply
Send over a CV in English. We are looking forward to talking to you.
Klarna is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and candidates. Please refrain from including your picture and age with your application.