Financial Reporting (various levels)
Stockholm, Sweden /
Klarna makes shopping smoooth. And we do it with flair because shopping is fun. Every day, we help customers, businesses, and partners explore just how smoooth the modern shopping experience can be.
It means we’re constantly changing the game. Always trying out new things. And we encourage our people to do the same. To grow. To develop. Because we don’t believe roles have to stay fixed. Instead we inspire our people to take an irregular career path. As a company of 350 dynamic start-ups, our whole business is built for it. So once you’re in, there’s no telling what will happen next.
This is an open pipeline for the Financial Reporting domain applicants with various levels of experience and backgrounds, and we would like to hear from people with strong interest in finance and accounting. It is possible that we will not have an immediate career opportunity for you, however all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply and register their interest in joining us.
The Financial Reporting domain at Klarna is built of multiple teams acting as start-ups that are each responsible for their unique problem space, but are working together towards a mission of delivering robust financial reporting that is scalable and enabled by technology. The domain’s responsibility starts from managing the underlying financial systems' tech and culminates in regular external and internal reporting and financial data deliverables.
As part of the Financial Reporting domain you are likely to get an opportunity to:
- Take responsibility for accounting and reporting of relevant business transactions
- Reconcile G/L systems to the underlying sources and develop methods and tools to provide analytical insight
- Contribute to the financial reporting process (monthly, quarterly, yearly), both on local GAAP level as well as in IFRS for the group
- Pro-actively and effectively communicate with various stakeholders, discussing the accounting treatments well as economic consequences of trends, assessing their impact and proposing solutions/optimisations
- Take part in/lead various initiatives that involve multi-competence cross functional collaboration, such as new market/products financial reporting setup, new systems implementation, process improvement leaps etc.
- Analyse existing and upcoming financial regulation on the accounting impact and business implications
- Develop as a professional in an entrepreneurial organisation that provides opportunity to work with your areas of interest
Who you are:
- Klarna is looking for ambitious people with significant drive! You should be passionate about your job and enjoy a fast paced international working environment
- You will play an important role in taking Klarna to the next level thus, you should desire to go above and beyond to produce best work results
- At Klarna we embrace change, you should dare to challenge the status quo and be persistent
You should have:
- A degree from a university in a numerate subject (e.g. Economics or Business Administration) or comparable professional education as tax accountant or financial accountant
- Demonstrated experience in driving change and taking a proactive approach in process improvement
- Applicable work experience in a high-pace environment and willingness to have a diverse set of tasks and responsibilities
- Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English
You might also have:
- Strong attention to detail and experience in using structured approaches to problem solving
- Significant drive and ambition
- Strong conceptual ability
- Hands-on experience in an enterprise level Accounting software (we use SAP S4)
- Experience in managing people and teams if you’d like to be considered for a team lead position
- Financial industry experience is a strong plus
- Other professional qualifications and interest in areas such as analytics, project management, programming and technology are very welcome
How to apply
Send over a CV and cover letter in English.
Klarna was founded in Stockholm, Sweden in 2005. Since then, we’ve changed the banking industry forever. And now we’re creating the world’s smooothest shopping experience. We serve 80 million consumers worldwide, and partner with 190,000 merchants – with a new merchant joining us every 8 minutes. Including some of the world’s leading brands, such as H&M, ASOS, IKEA, Adidas, Samsung and Lufthansa. Our offices are spread over 18 different markets, hosted by +3000 people from 90 nationalities.