Klarna’s mission is to free people from all the meaningless time spent managing money and purchases, so they can do more of what they love. Every day at Klarna we help consumers, merchants, and partners to explore just how smoooth the modern purchase experience can be. Our position at the crossroads of payments, consumer financing, ecommerce and banking means we are uniquely positioned to do this. There is no label for what we do.
Klarna was born in Stockholm in 2005 and today has 2500 employees working across Europe and the US. We currently serve 60 million consumers, work together with 130,000 merchants and process more than a million payment transactions a day. We're growing at 40% every year and our investors include Visa, Atomico, Sequoia Capital, Permira and Bestseller group/ Anders Holch Povlsen. We have strong partnerships with some of the world’s leading brands, such as ASOS, IKEA, Adidas, Zara, Lufthansa and Spotify.
Who you are
Klarna is looking for ambitious people with significant drive.
You should be passionate about your work and enjoy a fast paced international working environment. You will play an important role in taking Klarna to the next level thus, you should desire to go above and beyond to produce best work results.
At Klarna we embrace change, you should dare to challenge the status quo and be persistent.
Designers at Klarna are fundamental players in the strategy, conception and design of beautiful and meaningful ideas and products. Bringing exceptional creative thought and well-crafted execution, the designers shape innovative experiences and possess broad, up-to-date knowledge of the most innovative communication trends.
What you will do
- Focus on a broad range of digital, work across web, mobile, and emerging technology, such as campaigns, UX design, ads, marketing material, info-graphics and motion design.
- Take responsibility for the quality and execution of design throughout all phases of a project.
- Work with different teams and partners in setting the right tonality in our different communication channels according to our design guidelines.
- Facilitate feedback with a positive attitude from different teams while ensuring relevant feedback is captured, properly validated, and implemented.
- Create strong and coherent visual design based on guidelines.
You should have
- Collaboration skills. Our designers have the opportunity to work with experts in various fields and are expected to bring ideas to the table.
- Articulation skills. You present concepts and solutions clearly and effectively to internal stakeholders.
- A degree or education within the design field.
- Exceptional English skills in written and oral communication.
- A strong interest in how design affects user experience.
- A passion for what’s next. Our designers have their eyes forward, bringing innovative techniques to how we communicate with audiences.
- A hunger for creating bold visual design and a portfolio to prove it.
- A can-do attitude. You get things done.
You may also have
- Experience working in an international environment.
- Basic knowledge about HTML, CSS and JS.
- Basic knowledge about agile processes.
Please include a portfolio with your application.